ITR crank in b17

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpoonTuNed

I have a b17 and was thinking about putting a integra R crank in to stroke it, but was curious if i still use the b17 rods or what rods should i use? thanks

youll need custom rods: ~128.97mm length.

the shortest b-series rod is the b17(131.87mm) and is too long.

Not to thread jack, but can you give me the formula you used to find that out? Thanks!!!

Originally posted by scottp11@Aug 16 2005, 03:48 PM
Not to thread jack, but can you give me the formula you used to find that out? Thanks!!!
[post=540869]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea no kidding, how do you know that? And do you know for sure b17 rods wont work? thanks

Swapping the rods in will probally push the pistons into the head, that or you might have a very high compression ratio. Just swapping the pistons will work fine and bump compression up(probally around 10.7:1, which is very good and still very streetable).

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Aug 17 2005, 01:16 AM
Swapping the rods in will probally push the pistons into the head, that or you might have a very high compression ratio. Just swapping the pistons will work fine and bump compression up(probally around 10.7:1, which is very good and still very streetable).
[post=541102]Quoted post[/post]​

I think im just going to get the head milled down .20 the block was just rebuilt i guess so im not gonna mess with it anymore. thanks for all the input.

Back