ITR Headers fit B16A2 in 96 Civic Coupe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ixoiiiiviviiivi

I am trying to look for some headers that will fit into a 96 Civic coupe with a b16a2 swap. Will a 96 spec ITR header fit without modification? 98 spec?

What are the difference in diameters of the different pipings compared to stock b16a2? Will i need to change catylitic converter?

The type r has a 2.5 collector.
The Cat bolts will not line up, you Can get a Cat ready to accept the collector or just go to a shop and have them weld on a bracket that will line up.

Post in the right section:ph34r:

Yes. It will work. But it will hang low because the 1.8l motors are a bit taller.
Heres what my B16/ITR combo looked like. BTW the skid plate is only 3/16-1/4", so don't think thats whats causing the problem.
I had 2.5" clearance. - the bolts.

DSCN9040.jpg

DSCN9042.jpg

DSCN9052.jpg

DSCN9059.jpg

BTW my brother makes the skidplates. Only $40 shipped
LINK

-Andrew

Huh? Yeah on my 2.5 collector my bolts from my cat would not line up.
Took it to a shop and welded it for 20 bucks. It was on a 92 EG Cat at the time.

I'm not talking about the collector bolt pattern.
I'm talking about the height of the header.

It's obvious the collector won't line up. Just go to an exhaust shop and take care of it. This is what mine looked like when I did the header swap: (not a factory Honda collector on the exhaust side, but Stock B16 collector on the header)
DSCN9164.jpg

Back