1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITR Intake Manifold on B16A2 Issues

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by si punk, Apr 22, 2004.

1. si punk

si punk Junior Member

I have a question, I bought an ITR intake manifold for my b16a2 and installed it a while ago and something was wrong and it would rev up to 6k and back down and back to 6k without the throttle body opening. I believe it is an air leak, but I think it has something to do with the vaccuum outlet that is on the top of my stock b16 intake manifold and not on the type r. I was thinking about doing some sort of t-connector to one of the other vaccume hoses. We tried it last time but with a piece of plastic from a fuel regulator that we got from a local store and that still didn't fix it. It could have been just too cheap and was leaking air...not sure though. Any suggestions? :shrug:

2. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

I just capped the ones, I could not connect on the im when i did this, id check the IM gasket and torque specs on the IM

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I am pretty sure your supposed to cap off something, just can't remember.

4. si punk

si punk Junior Member

hmm ok well I'll try capping off the vaccum outlet on the head, when I get the gaskets to try and install it again, cause that's the only extra one there is. But for some reason I don't think that's it....

5. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

i have a skunk2 i.m. and i had to stick a 8.5 mm screw into the side of the i.m to make it stop reving...it was next to runner number 1. maybe yours is the same.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted