ITR Intake Manifold on B16A2 Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

si punk

I have a question, I bought an ITR intake manifold for my b16a2 and installed it a while ago and something was wrong and it would rev up to 6k and back down and back to 6k without the throttle body opening. I believe it is an air leak, but I think it has something to do with the vaccuum outlet that is on the top of my stock b16 intake manifold and not on the type r. I was thinking about doing some sort of t-connector to one of the other vaccume hoses. We tried it last time but with a piece of plastic from a fuel regulator that we got from a local store and that still didn't fix it. It could have been just too cheap and was leaking air...not sure though. Any suggestions? :shrug2:

I just capped the ones, I could not connect on the im when i did this, id check the IM gasket and torque specs on the IM

hmm ok well I'll try capping off the vaccum outlet on the head, when I get the gaskets to try and install it again, cause that's the only extra one there is. But for some reason I don't think that's it....

i have a skunk2 i.m. and i had to stick a 8.5 mm screw into the side of the i.m to make it stop reving...it was next to runner number 1. maybe yours is the same.

Back