ITR LSD Tranny or rebuilt B18c GSR tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

As you guys have notice from my previous two posts, I have this loud noise comming from the bay of the engine and i do not know what the problem is. now that when the car is running and park and put in neutral, I hear the noise but as i press the clutch and when the clutch engage, the noise gets louder so I think its definately the tranny. However, I am confused, if when the clutch is engage and the noise gets louder, and in fact if the tranny is bad, how come I have no problem of shifting between gears?? all gears are smooth when shift. no grids or problem of getting into gears at all. I took it to a performance shop and they said it might be the tranny and they will fix it for $350. I think to myself, $350??? I could get an ITR lsd tranny for about $350-$400 plus shipping and total to around $500 or $600. I know buying an itr tranny, i will pay more for shipping but hey, I get a better quality than rebuilt my old tranny. So what do you guys think. rebuilt? or buy itr tranny? thanks for the help

Originally posted by Teambypass@Feb 17 2004, 09:20 AM
As you guys have notice from my previous two posts, I have this loud noise comming from the bay of the engine and i do not know what the problem is. now that when the car is running and park and put in neutral, I hear the noise but as i press the clutch and when the clutch engage, the noise gets louder so I think its definately the tranny. However, I am confused, if when the clutch is engage and the noise gets louder, and in fact if the tranny is bad, how come I have no problem of shifting between gears?? all gears are smooth when shift. no grids or problem of getting into gears at all. I took it to a performance shop and they said it might be the tranny and they will fix it for $350. I think to myself, $350??? I could get an ITR lsd tranny for about $350-$400 plus shipping and total to around $500 or $600. I know buying an itr tranny, i will pay more for shipping but hey, I get a better quality than rebuilt my old tranny. So what do you guys think. rebuilt? or buy itr tranny? thanks for the help

Where can you get an ITR trany for 400$???

It sounds as it it's not the tranny itself, but maybe it's the clutch system, just a suggestion. I know my throw-out bearing is going bad right now, and it make a weird noise when ever i'm driving, what kind of noise are you hearing?

Ian

I have a friend who own a shop so i got connection. As for the noise problem that I have, it sounds like something is loose in the low end not the head. Some people said it might be a bad bearing or rod in the low end which I had never experience before in my whole life. This is what really confused me, if I have a bad tranny then why I have no problem of shifting into gears at all. The noise is on all the time but when I press the clutch, the noise grew louder so its like a spring on the clutch is loose or something. Well, I will let my instructor in my engine service check it out first to confirm that its really the tranny and if this doesnt help then on spring break March 17 I will take the tranny out and check the clutch. thanks for the help

Back