1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itr or skunk 2 valves

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by marshall12395, Feb 28, 2013.

1. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

so i have my car all apart and its time to put the valves in should i use skunk 2 high compression valves since im running stage skunk 2 cams and valves springs and retainers, are they benfits from using these valves?will i see more power?
    im running stock bottem end and i know the more compression the more the cams perform, any answer will be helpful thanks
    oh the engine is b18c type r 1997

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Valves will gain you a LITTLE bit of compression, but not so much that you'd really notice on the dyno. If you have to replace your valves or just want to spend the money, get the Skunk2 valves. If not, just put your stockers back in. I did some digging real quick and found out that the valves decrease your combustion chamber size by about 1.5cc, so you'll probably pick up a half point of static compression at best. That might be worth 2-3hp at the wheels if you're lucky.

3. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

ok thanks gonna think it over since i running a stock b18c block and stage 2 cams im trying to pick up compression every where i can, im gonna run 2 layer mugen head gasket aswell

4. phunky.buddha

Like I said, if you have the money to burn, do it. It's WAY cheaper than ripping apart the block for new pistons.

5. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

will be worth it or should i just a get good intake manifold and trottle body instead of valves???

6. phunky.buddha

Intake and throttle body don't do anything for compression- you need to decide how much you want to spend or do.

7. Hasid Lafre

Hasid Lafre Master of the obvious

I wouldn't buy any junk2 product.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted