ITR suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thsancho86

I'm looking for input from anyone who has used or is using stock itr suspension. If this list Spring Rates Listed Here - ClubSi is correct and front itr springs are linear, is that a particularly rough ride?

I'm trying to firm my civic up a little bit while trying to maintain a decent level of smoothness. Right now I'm running on eibach pro springs and koni basic shocks and on the whole its pretty smooth compared to other civics on complete coilover sets that I have ridden in.

the stock ITR setup is very good IMO for being stock.. looking for type r springs on gsr/ls shocks for my car

:werd:

I have ITR shocks and rear springs. For some reason, couldn't find just the front spring so I'm going to use ~270lb linear rear springs from an Evo 9 MR. :-D

If you want to firm it up a bit, I think Progress or H&R has a setup for the ITR that's a little bit stiffer but the spring rate(linear front with progressive rear) is still the same. IMO, a better improvement than switching to stock ITR springs from your Eibach springs.

Yeah It seems like a really neutral handing setup If I got a decent sway bar to go with it. What really got me thinking about it was the vendor ad here on HS.
Here

That is REALLY not a bad price! Though, as stated before, going with an ITR setup would be a step backwards(performance-wise) from your current setup.

That is REALLY not a bad price! Though, as stated before, going with an ITR setup would be a step backwards(performance-wise) from your current setup.

Yeah I get what you mean, I guess I was kind of looking at the linear part of the itr spring thinking that when loading a corner it might make up for the drop in spring rate.

I think I'll get better result from putting on a rear sway bar but do you thing some AGX's would make that big of a difference?

wow, thats a good price.. i might have to jump on it since it has the lcas too

Lol, yeah. I showed my brother the link, and he ordered it right away!

The Koni Basic, are they the red ones? If so, I think the AGX would be a slight improvement.

Yes, rear sway would help out a lot. What do you have on the front right now, stock?

i agree that getting itr parts will be a step back. if you want the best handling possible i think you are on the right track by getting a rear sway, or maybe both. kyb agxs are nice to have for the adjustability. there is a big difference between level 1 and level 4. i have been able get my handling pretty neutral. the ride is harsh if turn the rear too stiff thats for sure!

Lol, yeah. I showed my brother the link, and he ordered it right away!

The Koni Basic, are they the red ones? If so, I think the AGX would be a slight improvement.

Yes, rear sway would help out a lot. What do you have on the front right now, stock?

Yeah the front is still stock and I mistakenly said koni, they are oem replacement kyb gr-2's. I'm thinking sway bars are the way to go because I'll keep my ride but lose my body roll

Album Here are pics from my last auto x

Last edited:
:werd: That's exactly why I'm currently sticking with ITR spring rates(well, slightly stiffer up front). No sense in having race-spring rates on a daily driven car.

Back