ITR swap questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skydive2144

I plan on doing a jdm integra type r swap into my 94 dx in the next few months. i was between a gsr and a type r but the more i think about it when im already spending that much i just need to suck it up and spend the little more and go with the C5. iv done a few swaps before but always but the same obd engine that the chasis is. i have 3 questions about this swap.
1. how complicated is it to put a obd2 type r motor into a obd1 chasis?
2. any real difference between the 96-97 and the 98+ type r motors? one is like 600 bucks more then the other but they are advitised as 210hp each with the same redline. is it really worth the extra 600?
3. can i use the jdm engine wire harness or do i need to get a usdm one. i have heard that you cant use the jdm one because the plugs that go up to the shock towers to plug into the chasis harness are on the opposite sides from what they need to be because the jdm version is set up opposite the usdm one. I cant find the true answer to this anywhere.

the b18c5 is a usdm type r motor, and you gona want to use your stock civic harness and just add the wires that are missing, and no its not worth the odd 600 bucks

1) it's not complicated at all. It's all the same.

2) The only thing i'm absolutely positive about that is different on the 98+ motors is the intake cam. It's slightly more aggressive than the 96-97 version. There might be other differences but i'm not sure. I'd say no, it's not worth an extra $600.

3)Use your DX harness and wire in what will be needed.

ahhvtec touched on this already; the C5 is the USDM Type R, please don't get hosed on the price.

ok im sorry its not the C5. its going to be the JDM b18C from the integra type R. how much stuff will i have to wire up that was not on my dx harness?

if u go obd1 to obd2 why not just buy the conversion harness... they make one for these kind of swaps... just look around.. u can find one cheap n just make sure u got a vtec wiring harness or ull be pinning out vtec lines ect...:cool:

I have the 97 spec ITR motor in my 92 hatch

If it is 600 bucks more you may want to think about it.
1. If it has less miles
2. It comes with the 4.7 final drive
3. It comes with a factory Header

2+3 will equal the 600 bucks; subtract the work need to change the final drive and install a header. So looking it at this way yeah it might be worth the money. Just something to think about.

Back