itr sway on gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

well, i just replaced the rear sway bar on my gsr for the 22mm itr bar. the front sway bar is the stock 24mm.

all i have to say is that im not very impressed. there definately is a difference from the 14mm rear bar and the itr bar, but not like i expected.

i rode in a friends 4dr integra a while back that was equipt with suspension techniques sway bars front and back. his car rode like it was on rails. i expected mine to do the same. but im not quite satisfied. the rear of the car certainly feels much tighter. but there is still more roll than i would like. should i upgrade the front sway? lower the car more? or maybe i just got used to having a sway bar, and the jump to the 22mm bar wasnt as much as i expected?

did you install the bar upside down. Is the back end swing out too much? What kinda of tires do you have? springs and shocks?

i know he's riding on tein ss's, which should be a good setup, what damper settings are you riding on? ya, what tires? removing your front sway bar will help the car rotate, give it more over steer, is that what you're looking for?

tein ss's. 15th hardest setting
kuhmo somethin tires

the bar isnt upside down, im positive of that.

what im comparing it to is my friends 4 door. he drove me through the parking lot a while back with a left turn followed immediately by a right turn. it felt like it was literally on rails. the car hardly rolled at all. thats what i want.

there certainly is a big difference in wide turns, but not so much 90 degree turns.

i doubt the sus. tech rear sway is that much better than the itr rear sway. the front, adding a larger one will add to your understeer. can you be more specific on how the car is handling? "riding on rails" doesn't really help.

Have you considered better tires? I saw a significant improvement when I bought my yok's over the Nitto 455 that I was running.

if your dampers are too soft the car will sway excessively. Also, how low is your car riding? If the center of gravity is still too high, it will roll excessively.

if you lower the car too far you fuck up the geometry of your suspension and your handling will suck balls
just like every thing else , more is not always better

im gonna tighten the dampers up some. i wont be in need of new tires for quite a while. but ill tighten the dampers and post up the difference.

did u ever consider that your friends car felt better cause you wernt driving it?

from my experience it ALWAYS feels faster/better when you arnt driving because you dont have control.

also with the dampers that low you will have a pretty squishy ride. stiffen them up.

i stiffened up the suspension to 5 clicks. its significantly better, and much more harsh on the back (the reason i had them so soft earlier)

Back