ITR Valvespring pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Hey guys, can anyone dig up there helms...I need to know what the stock ITR valve springs pressure is at a give height or what not. I'm going to be building my engine soon & I need to make sure the springs I got are authentic ITR springs & the right spec.

Also, do stock ITR rods demand a resize in order to accept ARP bolts?

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys, can anyone dig up there helms...I need to know what the stock ITR valve springs pressure is at a give height or what not. I'm going to be building my engine soon & I need to make sure the springs I got are authentic ITR springs & the right spec.

Also, do stock ITR rods demand a resize in order to accept ARP bolts?
not sure on the valvspring pressure, might wanna search around on h-t for that. but whenever you replace the rod bolts, 99% of the time, you will have to resize them. what happens is that pressing in the new bolts distorts the big end bore, throwing it slightly out of round. to fix this, they take the necessary material off the rod end cap, bolt it back together, torque/stretch to spec, then rebore it out to the correct size so that everything is perfectly round again. its not really expensive, might cost like 50-60 bucks to do all 4 rods.

Thx dOOd...always come through with the quickness

All night Zombie & fastest poster in the east goes to...

::DrumRoll::

Ahh whatever you know...

Thx for the link. I'm not sure how credible the info is nor does it specify if its ITR or CTR (any difference) valve springs.

Brian, i'm not exactly sure what is worthless info. I just wanted to know because my engine builder was saying it had to be done so I wasn't sure it was nessacary to resize, alter or anything brand new type r rods. First time rebuilding an engine so i'm learning as I go.

id say the info is credible. it was done by tom at portflow :) i believe that the ITR and CTR are the same.

basically what it looks like. is that when compressed to a total height of 1.32" you should be looking at like 50lbs.

Back