Itr Vs. Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok. here is a question i always had wondered.

suppose a stock gsr and a stock integra type r get into a stoplight confrontation.

assuming both cars are mechanically sound, and both drivers are of equal driving skill,

by how much would the type r beat the gsr? a little bit or?

the overall time distance i am not sure off but there are 5 things going for the itr

Tad more HP (not extreme amount of diffrance)
Better gearing (alot shorter, = better acceleration)
LSD (better traction and launches)
Can rev higher so It can use it's hp longer
and most Importantly...

They came in Yellow with a big red R and a big old spoiler :)

according to car-stats.com...

gsr= 15.7 seconds
ITR= 14.8 seconds

These #'s are pretty true because they use pro drivers to do it, making the driver skill erilivent. Plus they were both 2000 models.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 22 2003, 11:04 PM
the overall time distance i am not sure off but there are 5 things going for the itr

Tad more HP (not extreme amount of diffrance)
Better gearing (alot shorter, = better acceleration)
LSD (better traction and launches)
Can rev higher so It can use it's hp longer
and most Importantly...

They came in Yellow with a big red R and a big old spoiler :)

the spoiler aint that big on them....

yes very true but mixed with (pheniox) yellow, R sticker, and the Wing, it makes for a very affective package :)

i want one daddy, please? j/k but i do want one really bad, get the rsx body style type r which is i think still called the itr or the older one...drool ^_^

The RSX is no ITR even if that is what it is called in Japan. The RSX is too heavy, too big (extremly tall) and it does not have the handling or the top speed stability that the old DC2 had.

sum it up dc2 > dc5

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 23 2003, 10:01 PM
sum it up dc2 > dc5

:werd:

and im gunna have to throw my vote in on the side of the ITR :ph34r: hehehe

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Mar 23 2003, 07:03 PM-->
asmallsol
@Mar 23 2003, 10:01 PM
sum it up dc2 > dc5

:werd:

and im gunna have to throw my vote in on the side of the ITR :ph34r: hehehe

i dunno, i was watching this spoon film and they were racing in japan. it was about the spoon s2k but on the straights you could see a dc5 come passing by it. i've heard a lot of good things about the dc5 :ph34r:

I still wanna get an EP that's been misshifted with no engine or tranny for 5k or so, and find a nice $5k RSX-S engine laying around, and drop that bastard in the hatch.

200 HP of the type S with 300 less pounds... In the EP hatch's solid chassis. That'd be fun. mid/low 14's easy.

too close to call.
it woul dbe mostly the driver at that point.... but id still put my money on the R, better tranny with limited slip

well I can tell you that I've gone up against both in my RSX type S.

RSX-S vs GSr: I took them by about 2-3 car lengths up to about 4th gear :p

RSX-S vs Type R he took me by about 1-2 cars <_<

I'd say Type r will take GSR by about 3 cars B)

The type R will always own the GSR all else being equal , thats why honda made it, for performance its the top, GSR is a nicer ride but its heavier as a result

Back