Itr Vs. Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 22 2003, 11:04 PM
the overall time distance i am not sure off but there are 5 things going for the itr

Tad more HP (not extreme amount of diffrance)
Better gearing (alot shorter, = better acceleration)
LSD (better traction and launches)
Can rev higher so It can use it's hp longer
and most Importantly...

They came in Yellow with a big red R and a big old spoiler :)

according to car-stats.com...

gsr= 15.7 seconds
ITR= 14.8 seconds

These #'s are pretty true because they use pro drivers to do it, making the driver skill erilivent. Plus they were both 2000 models.

15.7 gsr? i hit 15.3 in my bone stock ls!!! oh my bad i ghetto rigged my intake i took the filter out and left it open

hrmmmm

then why did one of our other members only net a 16.0 in his 98 ls??

:bs:

Mid/low 16 is a normal time for an LS.

Mid/high 15 is normal for a GSR.

High 14/Low 15 is normal for an ITR.

There are ALWAYS exceptions where the rings seated better, the bearing clearances are more loose, the launch was PERFECT, the track is 10 feet short, etc. If YOU have a timeslip for a 15.3 in a bone stock LS, then congrats, whatever. I still think a GSR or and ITR running beside you would have been much faster unless there is SOMETHING magical mystical about your engine, which is a rare thing in the mass-produced world we live in.

To this DAY, I swear by the rule that cars built on certain days of the week are bad, mediocre or better than average.

Monday and Friday engines SUCK. Monday, becaus ethe person is recovering from their weekend hangover that day. Friday, because they just want to get out, get home, and partay.

Tues/Thurs cars are mediocre, just average, because they are settling into the groove.

Wednesday cars are a little above average, because the worker is set, it's just another day. "Hump day" is it's called.

My 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 ran a 14.21 with only a CAI and exhaust. This is phenominal for this model of Mustang. They usually run 15 flat or slower.

Back