ITS A GIRL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
so when are you getting an Odessey? :p

1st - COngrats! My wifes currently incubating our 5th child and if ultrasound is to be believed our 3rd girl. Kinda a surprise - our 4th child is 7 now.

As far as the Oddessy - finally a thread(jack) that I have some experiance with. In order to buy Will's hatch (hereafter known as my midlife crisis) I had to agree to buy my wife the minivan. Bought a 98 with 95K miles on it, missed a couple of good deals and had to go to a used car lot and pay taxes, so tax and all I was out a little over 12k. I didnt expect to hate it, but I am amazed how much I like driving it. It looks like an out-sized civic hatch and feels like a midsized car, not a truck or a van.

Great performance. She once decided she had enough of a lead to lose my civic in some hometown (for her) territory and I had to hit 115 MPH to pass her and the 4 kids. I took a bunch of scouts up, and was trying to be responsible, since I didnt have a guage on how the scouts parents or the other adult that went with felt about those velocity limiting posted sugestions at the roadside. A couple of times I caught myself at 85 without really meaning to. and then on a pretty flat straight stretch it nearly crept up to 95 without me noticing..oops! we got there fast though.

As far as gas mileage, I find it hard to behave, but just for kicks I tried to be nice and only occaisionally accidently exceeded 70 mph on a little late night freeway errand the other night. I got 24mpg. The midlife crisis only gets 26 most of the time.

In about 8 months we've added another 25K miles no problems in sight.

Back