its ALIVE!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

it runs!!! throwing code 1 and 4. 93 ls in a 90 crx dx used to be auto. what do these codes mean? do i just ignore them? the car seems to run good though i havent driven it but every thing works exept for my back up lights. could some one point out to me what these codes mean and how to check my back up lights (bulbs are good). on the back up lights i did the same thing that the rywire site says to do on auto to manual but it still dont work. im more concerned on the codes though.

[color=thanks to everyone who helped out in this swap.

1- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
Oxygen Sensor "A" (Primary)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Replace the O2 sensor

4- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-98 88-98 97-98 88-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor)

Get a new Distributor. Preferably the 90-91 Integra.

Quoted post[/post]]
it runs!!! throwing code 1 and 4. 93 ls in a 90 crx dx used to be auto. what do these codes mean? do i just ignore them? the car seems to run good though i havent driven it but every thing works exept for my back up lights. could some one point out to me what these codes mean and how to check my back up lights (bulbs are good). on the back up lights i did the same thing that the rywire site says to do on auto to manual but it still dont work. im more concerned on the codes though.

[color=thanks to everyone who helped out in this swap.
[/QUOTE]

From the Haynes Manual;

Code 1: Oxygen content-----check O2 sensor (mine has the same code because i got open header right now)

Code 4: Crankshaft Position Sensor-----check the CKP sensor

Are you sure its 2 seperate codes and not a code 14?......just asking cuz code 14 is common its for Idle Air Control Valve. Some peolpe hook up the wrong plug to the IACV. Just a thought.

I beat you!!!

are they 1 long then 4 fast or what. describe the flashes... all short, or what?

Could also be a code 41...

41- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-98 92-98 97-98 n/a 93-97 95-98 90-98
Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater
circuit malfunction

^^^doubtful...

14- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
88-98 88-98 97-98 88-91 93-97 95-98 88-98
IAC Valve (Idle Air Control)

more then likely

you might be right on the code 14 because its one long flash followed by four fast flashes then it stops and does it over again. thanks

yea, see I told you. damn newbs. j/k good luck gettin that shti fixed.

haha.... funny.
trying to get it fixed right now if for any reason i cant get it fixed can i run it the way it is? i need to take it to a local muffler shop to get my exhaust done by one of my buddies and i also need the clutch cable bracket thingi to adjust my clutch cable i cant find it in any freakn junk yard i havent been to the dealershipyet though

Check the connection for the IACV (located on the back of the intake manifold) and make sure it is plugged in and the wiring isn't broken or smashed. When I did my swap, I had to completely replace one of the IACV wires. Somehow it was losing connection from the IACV to the engine harness plug, then losing it again from the main harness plug to the ECU. I ran a complete new wire and the code vanished.

If you find that the IACV isn't plugged in.. well..

wait for it...

wait for it......

Plug it in, plug it in!!
glade.jpg

is it suppose to sound like crap cause it does and thats the only code i get i have a 2 1/2 in cat back and it sounds like shit and when i accelerate fast it sounds like is going to die and as soon as i let go it sounds better. also its extrmely loud and my cat gets red hot is it suppose to do that too. my rpm are really low is that because of my vaccum lines? i use a b16 diagram. i still have a code 14

i used the b16 vacumm diagram for the vaccum lines

Quoted post[/post]]
is it suppose to sound like crap cause it does and thats the only code i get i have a 2 1/2 in cat back and it sounds like shit and when i accelerate fast it sounds like is going to die and as soon as i let go it sounds better. also its extrmely loud and my cat gets red hot is it suppose to do that too. my rpm are really low is that because of my vaccum lines? i use a b16 diagram. i still have a code 14

i used the b16 vacumm diagram for the vaccum lines

Sounds like either your timing is WAY off, you aren't firing on one cylinder, or your converter is plugged.

The IACV being non functional will make it idle funny, but thats all that will do.

And no, its not supposed to sound like crap. what the hell kinda question is that?

so im going to change my cat. what about the almost wanting to die when i accelerate (timing) could that be it?

And no, its not supposed to sound like crap. what the hell kinda question is that?

thanks that was slap in the face.

ok i disconnected the plug behind the intake and no idle change. do i reveerse the wires or how do i fix this its not broken or anything also my fuse for my rear taillights burns out as soon as i put a new one in. my brake lights work though. that shitty noise was my cat. also the car still wants to stall when i accelerate hard.

thanks for everything

thanks guys for all your help i got the full day of work and all codes are all gone

thanks again

hmmm.... now for some upgrades...

no not yet, but i have a little problem with my backup lights they dont work and i did the auto to manual swap and i got one wire that shorted out but ill just rerun another one and see how that works.

Back