It's amazing at how much is communicated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Long story short, I think I blew my head gasket on the way in to work today. I call the Toyota dealer and ask to speak to the service manager. I explain what happened to him and basically wanted to get a second opinion because I'm not entirely positive it's a blown head gasket, and immediately he focuses not on my problem, but on why I came to that conclusion. I explain to him that I've blown a few head gaskets in the past, and know what they sound like, and after a few times around with him indirectly telling me I'm an idiot, I tell him that I'm an ASE certified master tech and that I kinda sorta know what I'm talking about. THEN the conversation goes from what my car did to where I got my training and shit. I'm like, WTF? I ask him if he's going to help me or not, and he says that I'm probably not ASE certified because head gaskets don't make a sound when they blow. I just hung up and have been stewing about it since.

I need to go eat some raw meat... (only one person on here knows what that means)

<rm/rf rant>

Do you want me to get a head gasket for you down here in MA? lol. That way your local dealership won't be getting your business. There's a dealership in Watertown near me. Let me know...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 30 2004, 11:26 AM
I just hung up and have been stewing about it since.

BTW... don't stew, don't let that idiot get to you and win. He is obviously a loser, but... it's his job to try to make you bring your car into them for service. They ALL do it... think about it. :)

Well, I'm happy again. I just went across the street to the shop over yonder and used their tools. Comp is ohkay numbah one! :) Wheee!

kinda like the guy at autozone trying to keep me from getting a non-ricey Sunpro oil pressure gauge, and get a ricey-ass indiglo Faze, because 'Sunpro's wont work right on Hondas, theyre for old-school trucks...Faze gauges are the new-school high-tech euro tuner gauges"

duckin fumbass.

^^ is why I don't really talk to anyone in person, 'cept you NE monkeys, about cars anymore. It just hurts my fucking head.

I can't talk to other people. Like just the other day people were talking about how my friend's RSX is "Turbocharged" and he's thinking about "getting a blow off valve so it makes that noise"

It is a stock RSX -S. (Except of course, for the kit, rims, and ICE)

My head just started hurting hearing it. I had to remove myself from the situation.

had the same type of encounter with some Indian at a salvage yard. I was looking for the right, front frame rail for a Hyundai accent. Called up the place asked them if they had a Hyundai without front end damage they replied "yes" I said "great I need about a foot of the right, front, lower frame rail" he replies, "son, that is a unibody car" me: "yes i know" him: "unibody cars doesn’t(how he said it) have frame rails" Me: "yes they do, ill be down in 20 minutes" hung up the phone, went to the shitty ass salvage yard that the EPA would shut down in a second if they owner wasn't Indian and showed the stupid fucker what I needed, after even more debate and left. Not only am I I-CAR certified in about 83873 areas including structural repair, I have an associates degree in auto body and have 5+ years experience in a shop, 2 of those years doing ONLY structural repair where I do this sort of thing daily.

I need to go eat some raw meat... (only one person on here knows what that means)

<<unzips his fly>>

lemme help you out with that buddy.....

on a side note, you shoulda copped an attitude with that guy.....why did you take it lying down for?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 30 2004, 02:23 PM

<<unzips his fly>>

lemme help you out with that buddy.....

on a side note, you shoulda copped an attitude with that guy.....why did you take it lying down for?

Holy crap! TonyD's so desperate that he's turned to mansex!! :eek:

meth.gif

... its whats for dinner

Back