its been snowing all fucking day. today sucked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
damn today has been rough. it started last night. i figured it would melt in the morning. but i was surprised to wake up to 4" of snow on my car, and almost as much on the ground. i go into work at 10 this morning and the phone is ringing off the hook. everyone and their brother is ordering pizza on a tuesday morning, lol. i took 20 deliveries in like 5 hours. i was leaving the store with 3-4-5 at a time. but people did tip since the weather was so shitty, even though they had to wait like 2 hours for pizza, lol.

half of morgantown is without power and wont get it back on til thursday or friday, sucks for them i guess, im just glad i have power, and internet, lol. tree branches and telephone/power wires are down all over the place from ice and snow. people were saying they would just be walking and a huge treebranch would break and fall. i got some pretty nice pics on my cellphone but i dont know how to get them on here, lol.

it was weird, like a little bit ago it was sunny, the past few days have been rainy, but the snow and cold came out of nowhere. no one expected it. right now its a rain/snow mix with slush all over the place.

oh and on my LAST delivery i fucking got stuck on an unplowed hill. i was trying to find this house, and went down this hill not knowing it was a ded end, well i attemptes to get back up the hill in the integra, but it didnt work out to well. i made it about half way up the hill then it started to just slide down the hill, brakes were useless, but made me slide slower, lol. eventually i stopped with my rear tire hanging off the side of the road over a hill to the side. very steep hill, i was afraid if i tried to get out, i would slide further and then over the end of the road and down the "cliff-like" hill. i called my manager and him and another guy gave me a hand and got unstuck :). had to be on my last freaking delivery too, the day was going so well, lol. and cause i got stuck, i was late on an order and the asshole didnt even tip me (mind you this was a 6 pizza, 4 2L bottles of soda, 80 dollar order). but oh well, i still made 50 bucks in tips, 25 in commission, and 8 hours worth of regular wage :)

anyone else has shitty weather fucking their days up? lol

It's snowing in the higher elevations here, I'm down in the valley and were just getting a buttload of rain and it's high-mid 30's. Luckily it's supposed to be in the mid-high 50's this weekend.

No snow, but in coastal RI - 30mph sustained winds with gusts to 50mph, and horizontial rain. Fun.

yea, it's snowing in Mt. Pocono, Pa.

It was 19* F on monday morning up there. It cracked my windshield even more.

nah, ill stick to cheap all seasons, lol. i really could care less about this car. plus i got new tires last year and dont feel like doing it again since they arent bald yet. i have full insurance, so if i hit something due to weather, it gets covered. im hard on this little whore, and just like every girl, she loves me for it :) right now the axles are fucked and about to break, boots are busted and no more grease left, lol. im sure i could break them if i wanted, they mak noise under hard accel form a stop, and hard braking, and at full lock. and vibrate a bit at highway speeds. but i need them to last til i can get the car to a shop next week, lol. i think the ignitor is going out too. tach goes all fucked up when i rev over 5k. usually just twitches a little but today when i needed to pass someone, the tach went to like 9k, threw a cel and the car shut down on me, lol. started right back up though. :shrug2:

im sure snow tires would be nice, but i see no reason in getting some when my tires work fine as it is.

you got stuck.
you drive for a living.
winter is just starting.

snow tires are a must IMO.

you can't make money if you're stuck in a ditch. pick up some cheapo's for like 40 a tire. i think i paid $36 each last year for my x-ices from TireRack.com

Did I mention I can't wait for winter...

Even though the small crack expanded across my windshield because of temperatures in the teens, I just have too much fun driving in the snow, especially when it gets bad and no one else is on the road.

My tires are good, I just need to switch the fronts with the backs. My front tires aren't nearly as grippy as the rear ones. And oversteer is fun.

Quoted post[/post]]
damn today has been rough. it started last night. i figured it would melt in the morning. but i was surprised to wake up to 4" of snow on my car, and almost as much on the ground. i go into work at 10 this morning and the phone is ringing off the hook. everyone and their brother is ordering pizza on a tuesday morning, lol. i took 20 deliveries in like 5 hours. i was leaving the store with 3-4-5 at a time. but people did tip since the weather was so shitty, even though they had to wait like 2 hours for pizza, lol.

half of morgantown is without power and wont get it back on til thursday or friday, sucks for them i guess, im just glad i have power, and internet, lol. tree branches and telephone/power wires are down all over the place from ice and snow. people were saying they would just be walking and a huge treebranch would break and fall. i got some pretty nice pics on my cellphone but i dont know how to get them on here, lol.

it was weird, like a little bit ago it was sunny, the past few days have been rainy, but the snow and cold came out of nowhere. no one expected it. right now its a rain/snow mix with slush all over the place.

oh and on my LAST delivery i fucking got stuck on an unplowed hill. i was trying to find this house, and went down this hill not knowing it was a ded end, well i attemptes to get back up the hill in the integra, but it didnt work out to well. i made it about half way up the hill then it started to just slide down the hill, brakes were useless, but made me slide slower, lol. eventually i stopped with my rear tire hanging off the side of the road over a hill to the side. very steep hill, i was afraid if i tried to get out, i would slide further and then over the end of the road and down the "cliff-like" hill. i called my manager and him and another guy gave me a hand and got unstuck :). had to be on my last freaking delivery too, the day was going so well, lol. and cause i got stuck, i was late on an order and the asshole didnt even tip me (mind you this was a 6 pizza, 4 2L bottles of soda, 80 dollar order). but oh well, i still made 50 bucks in tips, 25 in commission, and 8 hours worth of regular wage :)

anyone else has shitty weather fucking their days up? lol
hell bro move down here in california. smogging sucks, but hey the weather isnt all that bad compared to other places.

SNOW is good and keeps some of the idiots off the road.
SMOG is bad and keeps more people paying out of their ass.

Have you ever driven in the snow? With anything besides an FWD car?

It's fun.

i like snow, but i HATE cold. probably why i dont mind driving in snow cause i have the heat up, lol. catch 22 i guess.

its funny i always say that i wish there was warm snow, lol.

i'd rather be cold then hot. I may have a habit for taking off my clothes but I can always put more on to keep warm in the winter.

I have AWD and I really can't wait for the snow.

Back