its cold!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stupid artic winds! It was a actually colder in CO than it was in Alaska today

Yeah ice is now good, we had freezing rain on Monday morning and when I went to start my car my driveway was like an ice rink.

Predicted low tonight before wind chill is -20. I've got the heat turned up and an extra blanket on the bed to stay warm.

It hit us last night... If you take the brunt of it like Chicago did you're in trouble!

This is Chicago, we're no snow wusses, but:

The National Guard has been called out, there's Humvees and snowmobiles going around Chicago rescuing people. The Governor has declared a Civil Emergency and turned off the roads. Driving isn't allowed at the moment. They're doing search and rescue through stranded cars, searching in and around them three times. Once they've gone through they mark the car and move on.

My county's roads are literally shut down, over 2 feet of snow on every road. Not a track in it, nothing can go through.

ILC097-021400-
CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT LAKE COUNTY ILLINOIS
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
547 AM CST WED FEB 2 2011
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT LAKE COUNTY ILLINOIS.

BECAUSE OF LIFE THREATENING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...ROADS ACROSS
LAKE COUNTY ARE CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC. EMERGENCY RESPONDERS ARE
HAVING DIFFICULTY REACHING NUMEROUS STRANDED MOTORISTS. DRIVING
WILL CONTINUE TO BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS.
IF YOU BECOME STRANDED...EMERGENCY VEHICLES MAY NOT BE ABLE TO
REACH YOU.

IF YOU ARE STRANDED...DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE. RUN YOUR VEHICLE
10 MINUTES PER HOUR. MAKE SURE YOUR EXHAUST PIPE IS NOT SNOW
COVERED...AND CRACK OPEN A DOWNWIND WINDOW FOR VENTILATION.
ALL RESOURCES ARE BEING USED TO REACH STRANDED MOTORISTS. PLEASE
DO NOT DRIVE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. DOING SO WILL PUT YOUR
LIFE AT RISK.

The alerts repeat like that for most northern counties. And it's still snowing!

I woke up to a 4 foot drift blocking my door. Will take pics!

Driving through it last night...

13 years of driving. Track days, autocross, etc... I've never ever been afraid while driving until last night. People who were out last night have been trying to explain it to people who weren't, but it's like combat; they can't really know what it was like because they weren't there.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be 70 today over here, but 40 tomorrow.

No ice or snow for me, funny it went right above where I live, There was over 30,000 people without power right above me.... lol lucky me...

you guys shouldnt live so far north. i always wondered why anyone lives somewhere where half the year you are trapped in your house :p

just for reference, its 79 degrees and sunny here. i have every window in the house open and theres a perfect breeze off the ocean :D

x2

I was out on the boat over the weekend in board shorts and flip flops :cool:

:ban::usuck:

It's supposed to be 70 today over here, but 40 tomorrow.

you're getting what we just had.
we had a real nice weekend, short sleeves and shorts for sat and sunday. fucking cold and rainy after that.

Not my picture, but here's what we were dealing with on Tuesday:

chicago-snow.jpg

That's not some side road, that's Lake Shore Drive.

Good lord. Hope you guys are all loading up on batteries, water and rice and beans.

Revenge for ever putting Obama in office

That does suck. I am glad we haven't gotten hit that hard up here.

damn. thats pretty good amount of snow. snow here has been dissapointing. a few instances of a fwe inches. probabaly only like 6-8" total so far this year. been in the upper 30's to 40's and lows in the 20's at night. my sidewalk is covered in about an inch of ice thanks to the rain/melting snow during day, and freezing at night.

Chicago and Ohio got hit harder than we did here, but it still sucked dealing with 12" snow drifts outside my front door... ON my porch, and at least two feet of snow, ice and then the shit thats already been plowed and salted onto the end of my driveway.

Our 10-15" forecast turned into approx. 6-8 at my house. Got some drifting but nothing excessive. I was hoping for more. They still managed to find a way to cancel school for 2 days somehow for the kiddos.

fuck you ppl have it good it's was -45 with the windchill here yesterday even my remote car starter said fuck you i aint going outside to start yer car

Back