It's finaly here! 56k no way!...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18B_CIVIC

ok, well I called a few places today, and got some parts for my motor swap, I got the 2 integra drive axells, the lincage, the distrobuter, flywheel, starter, intermidiat, and engine mounts, but I need one more mount for the back and it has to be from an SIR cause the one I have off my car wont do...

Here is some pictures:
P6050004.jpg

P6050003.jpg

P6050002.jpg

P6050001.jpg

P6050006.jpg

Engine Mounts:
P6050007.jpg

P6050008.jpg

P6050009.jpg

P6050010.jpg

It's a B18B1 and it's going into a 1996 Honda Civic CX EK4 here is some pics of the crapy engine bay, it's a D16Y7 in it... The old owner was a 18 year old ricer kid, he painted the engine bay and the whole motor silver, as you see I cleaned some of his shit up, the rest will be cleaned once the motor is out, I was thinking of painting the whole engine bat black cause the paint thiner took some of my original paint off as well and the whole engine bay looks fucked up, just wandering what type of paint I should buy to paint the whole engine bay black, Ill sand it all and prime it, then paint it black, add new wiring harnes from a 97 LS Integra.

The Ride and the ugly engine bay!... :unsure:
P6050018.jpg

P6050017.jpg

That's about it, just tot Id share on what's going on with my car so far, Ill post some pics of the swap day, and all is left to get is the rear SIR mount and the 94-00 Hydro LS Tranny and cluch, this motor is AUTO is I am converthing it to manual for my car, if you live in Ontario, or the GTA... and know where I can get these parts for a good price, let me know... thanks...

P.S. If any body needs an AUTO tranny for a 94-00 LS non vtec motor let me know I am selling mine for $250 CANADIAN, oh by the way the silver motor is up for sale parts are still good, and functional $100 it's yours lol it's fucking silver tho... B)

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jun 5 2004, 09:11 PM
why is everything silver?

is your car an auto a manual already?

the old owner painted the whole engine bay, including the engine silver, reason? I have no clue, he was a fuck up!... :lol: but I am not complaining I got the car for $1000 in winter, the car was basicaly in an acident and I bought it off the guy... and fixed all the damage, cost me an extra 500 for materiel and shit, but basicaly the only damade was to the radiator, I don't care, I knew everntualy I am gona swap another motor in, and I am gona sand the whole engine bat, take all the rust out, and the paint it black.

As for the car, no it's not auto, it's manual 5-speed, but the motor I got is AUTO, so I needed to change that, that's why you see all the extra stuff, other then that it should be a pretty cool project... :D

Wish me luck, it's my 1st swap, I have never done it before, that's why I will have a good friend of mine to guide me trough it all, he does swaps every day, and I asked him if he could help me put it in, I have reasearched and know a bit, but not much, so If I get stuck on something he will be there to help me.

The swap will be done next Saturday, and it will be done at my home garage... so yeah...

at least ur getting rid of that nasty lookin header(looks like the silver paint screwed it all up. should look a lot better with that engine in there.

LS auto tranny should fit any b series.

Back