its it true

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yardeman

i was told that the f22b dohc out of the prelude is a very weak engine that it bends conn rods easy na and worst on boost any one had problems with this eng i think its 160bhp i have just rebuild one of thease eng for my accord and will be runnin 6psi but this talk has me a bit worried

PERIOD:
The use of periods as punctuation in writing.

The primary uses of the period are:

a) At the end of a sentence, when the sentence is a statement or instruction.
Example:

Please have those reports completed and on my desk by Friday.

b) After an abbreviation or after initials.
Examples:

Gov’t. etc. I.R.S. John W. Smith

c) It is acceptable to omit the period after an abbreviation that consists of the first and last letter of a word.
Examples:

Mr. or Mr
Dr
. or Dr

d) When abbreviating, for example calendar months, titles, degrees, or days of the week, it should be remembered that only one space follows the period at the end of the abbreviation, and that no spaces follow the letters within the abbreviation.
Examples:

U.S.A. not U.S.A
Ph.D. not Ph.D.

e) If a sentence concludes with an abbreviation that ends with a period, a second period should NOT be used
Example:

This matter will now be referred to the I.R.S.

Perhaps we can implement a basic spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation test into the forum sign-up process.

u are a total jerk, Phyregod its not a grammar test. we come on this forum to get away rom people like you who is an asshole. So if u dont have an answer to the question ,just keep u comments to yourself . Thank you. As u can see i know english asshole

u are a total jerk, Phyregod its not a grammar test. we come on this forum to get away rom people like you who is an asshole. So if u dont have an answer to the question ,just keep u comments to yourself . Thank you. As u can see i know english asshole
let me break it down for you.

If you want help we need to know the problem.

For us to know the problem, you need to present in a manner that is logical and presentable.

I can vouch for phyregod that he is one of the most knowledgable members of the entire forum.

if you have a problem with people trying to help, look at yourself first. that post made no sense whatsoever. read it again and take some time to edit it so we can help.

You have the wrong approach. They didnt say you dont know english. They said you dont have propper grammer. If you are going to fight with them at least get your story straight.

ok get _nick i now understand what he was tryin to say
here it goes......i was told that the f22b non vtec eng is not a very good eng, it was said that it con rods are rather weak even when NA..I own one of thease eng and i am goin to run 6psi of boost at this motor...so iwanted to know before i complete my project if what i heard is true.. sorry guy for the misunderstanding..

ok get _nick i now understand what he was tryin to say
here it goes......i was told that the f22b non vtec eng is not a very good eng, it was said that it con rods are rather weak even when NA..I own one of thease eng and i am goin to run 6psi of boost at this motor...so iwanted to know before i complete my project if what i heard is true.. sorry guy for the misunderstanding..
2 things

1)where are you from and how old are you?

2)yes you can boost 6 psi. you could boost 8 if you wanted to. 10 if you paid to get a good tune and the engine is in good shape.

I've never heard that the f22 was a weak motor (structure wise ) I thought they seemed to be pretty stout. 8psi on that motor would be pretty quick. Atleast go get a good performance clutch first though. That new found power won't mean squat if you can't put it down.

From owning a F22 my whole entire of life of driving, I can say that nothing is weak about that motor. Until your boosting 14psi from a t3t4, then the ring lands break. I have seen f22b motors boosted on all stock internals and hit 300whp. Its all about the tuner.

F22 motors are strong as shit- PERIOD. OEM cast iron sleeves, ready for forged pistons. Cast iron rods, which I have never heard a f22 being known for weak rods. The asshat that told you this, def doesnt know there talking about. Being that your dohc non-tec will be a big plus when it comes to boost.

If you get the right tuner, you can use all stock internals and push 10psi with no problem. I dont know why you would be soo concerned with 6-8 psi. Thats not very much. You say your rebuilding the motor now so why are you worried about it. You have a strong motor. PERIOD

thanks guys for the info my mind is now at ease ,honda parts are hard to come by here in barbados,thats why i was so concern.Hearing now from boostedf22 i am excited to get it finish....by the way booted f22 does ur intake has a extra set of butterflies mine do

No my intake doesnt have that because my intake is for a sohc vtec. The f22b and h23a have the same manifold. Personally I would do away with the butterflies.

A chiped p28 will work fine also. Thats what I am running. Either s100 or crome. Just make sure the tuner is on point. I cant express that enough, research the tuner !!!

A chiped p28 will work fine also. Thats what I am running. Either s100 or crome. Just make sure the tuner is on point. I cant express that enough, research the tuner !!!

Either do what he said or blow up your motor.. the choice is up to you :lol:

THREAD JACKING INPROGRESS;

boostedf22; Did you get yours tuned here in richmond? If so where at and who did it?

Yeah I have been tuned by 2 people in Richmond. One being Brauning motorsports when I first got my turbo. Well I didnt make it a 1/4 away from the shop before the motor blew. So I rebuilt it, to be almost indestructable. Then I went to Matt Shue. @ Shuetuning.com This guy can tune !!! The car pulls strong, great throttle response, ect. Plus I can drive to roanoke and only use 1/4 tank of gas.

Next time I get tuned. I am going to Jon savage at hybrid garage

Just wanted know where to take the s2000 when I finally boost it. Appreciate the help.

Back to the thread; I thought they were strong. The guy down the street from me has an accord with a little head work done and AEM EMS. That bitch will run. He can almost keep up with me.

Back