its just a intake!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

isnt the theory behind this the same as that tornado filter as seen on tv thing lol i bought that 4 years ago and i got a little better fuel economy but nothing to jump yay about. as for the hp it so called added ????

Originally posted by b204dr@Jul 1 2005, 06:05 AM
isnt the theory behind this the same as that tornado filter as seen on tv thing lol i bought that 4 years ago and i got a little better fuel economy but nothing to jump yay about. as for the hp it so called added ????
[post=518990]Quoted post[/post]​

no!

i dont know if im 100% correct(so jump in whenever), but this is what i think it is:

the tornado works to create a swirl. The swirl does nothing for "intake charge"; theoretically a swirled air flow will create better atomization; thus improving efficiency: but does not address the air flow issue(and also why lots of people dont like it because it restricts flow)

tornado deals with atomization
"secret" intake deals with air flow

this intake uses(according to Weapon-R) Boyle's and Bernoulli's law(vs. the AEM V2 uses tuned resonance; same goal, different approach).

im not too familiar with Boyle's, but they incorporated Bernoulli's law by using a smaller intake tube; to create a high velocity, and a large tube for slower air(but filtered also). If you remember from all of those exhaust threads from various forums(and maybe even on this one), a large pipe diameter=slower velocity while smaller pipe=high velocity. According to Bernoulli, higher velocity=lower pressure. So in essence, the slower air in the large tube(higher pressure) is going to be vacuumed(via pressure differences) by the high-velocity air from the smaller tube. what you end up is a already good flow through the regular pipe, but air from the large pipe is being pulled in also. now the only way for the extra air to fit in the main tube; the air would have to compress; youd have a denser air charge than before.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 1 2005, 04:05 AM
So all in all, would you say it was worth the price, for a street car?

I'm eagerly awaiting your review and pictures. :)
[post=518977]Quoted post[/post]​

Its going to take a lot of work to even get the thing to work with my car. For the $90 i sent him i got a regular integra LS intake tube and the velocity stack/horn thing that goes on the end of it. I'm supposed to, Macguyver style, combine that with my existing intake tube, and at the same time try and find some method of extending the length of the pipe as much as possible. Given that I do not have access to different lengths and bends of three inch piping, Im not exactly sure im going to get this thing to work. Now if i was willing to run with my hood off i could simply stick the thing so that it runs out of the front of my car.
Perhaps Ill just start another thread where i can discuss the whole experience without threadjacking.

Back