IT'S OFFICIAL!!! wOOt wOOt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
wel i'm going on vacation!!!!

10-20-06/10-28-06

VENEZUELA

i'm going to visit with my wifes family and filing a petition with our embassy for them to give my mother inlaw a visa to come and visit us.

i hope i have fun ive never been to south america or a country were the leader dislikes the US. i think il;l be okay though we'll be with her family and friends.

they live by puerto ordad which is 15hrs from caracas. so ill be flying there. my wife wanted us to go by bus. HA! i laughed in her face. i responded "you ever heard of guerrillas" i have ... she looked at me and walked away...lol

any one ever gone to another country?
were should i exange cash?

discuss

damn...that sounds exciting...unfortunately ive never been outside of the southeast here in the states...hahaha...so nope...couldnt tell ya what to do...but have fun!

do it when you land at the airport...and then again when you leave...and check the exchange rates before you go. I've always done that when in Japan, and never had a problem. And also ATM's will just give you their local currency and deduct it from your account automatically. Prolly better to use the ATM's, since carrieing a large amount of cash or checks is a bad idea. And to also save yourself some trouble, make sure the better half has a card as well, just incase you get into any trouble.... ;)

yeah ill be getting drunk for sure... i made reservations at this little hotel for one night because we get there at 10:40et and the flight to puerto ordad is at 7:30am.

so the atms will give me the cash in bolivares and my bank will figure out the exchange?

you'll ge tthe best exchange rates with a credit card or a bank directly. While most major airports feature a currency exchange desk, you are likely to get a better rate directly from an ATM machine affliated with a major bank.

Last edited:
i thought it was the other way around.... we didn't like them?

they did, afterall, offer us oil, but bush refused it.

chavez hates bush. not usa... sorry

i feel sorry for them over there....5 dollars daily wages suck

Back