Its On A B16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok this is yet another dumb question, but at least im admitting it in advance.

i saw in a previous post, that some guy said to put a ITR head on a b16a2.

how much more performance would that give the b16a2?

what are the major advantages of doing this?

Would the same effects be achieved by putting a GSR head on a b16a2?

thanks

btw, i typoed the topic of this post.....shoulda been ITR.

crack kills.

no gs-r head would not have the same benefit, yes type-r head would make a big difference. type-r head 1. has a mild port and polish 2. cams have a higher lift or something like that 3. valve train is able to handle 8500 rpms 4. this head is sick from the factory. if the manifolds are included with the head it makes it even better.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 7 2003, 03:20 PM
no gs-r head would not have the same benefit, yes type-r head would make a big difference. type-r head 1. has a mild port and polish 2. cams have a higher lift or something like that 3. valve train is able to handle 8500 rpms 4. this head is sick from the factory.

about how much do they run?

type r head that is.

and is it a straight bolt on?

bolts on but the price is steep. ive seen civic r heads for sale at around 2500 on inlinefour. cheaper i think to take the b16 head get it ported and polished buy the type r parts. b16 head is the same other than the r parts and the port and polish to my knowledge

CTR heads are so high b/c they arent everywhere. Not worth the dough. A JDM Type R complete head can run 1500-2000.

Just take your b16a2 head, or get another b16a2 head (bare) and get it pnped, better than itr/ctr cams, better than itr valvetrain for around the same cash.

The ITR head is just a b16 head with better cams, valve train, and a mild pnp job.

I call the gsr head the bastard head b/c of the different intake manifold bolt pattern.

a gsr head will yeild about .2 higher CR also. but i hear they do not flow as well as the b16/typeR head.

1. It's not worth the cash that you will pay for the head. They are expensive because it came from something that said Type R. :)
2. It's not smog legal in California. No head swaps are.
3. Domeskilla and vtecsir1 gave you a much better option. That would be my suggestion as well.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 7 2003, 03:24 PM
bolts on but the price is steep. ive seen civic r heads for sale at around 2500 on inlinefour. cheaper i think to take the b16 head get it ported and polished buy the type r parts. b16 head is the same other than the r parts and the port and polish to my knowledge

i gave the same option

Back