IT's over.....the strike...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
http://teamsters1150.org/contract_2006_update.htm

I voted...and this time my vote counted. I need the work...so I voted to ratify....

now they say we return to work near Wed, but what we're returning to will be up in the air....from all the outsourcing...I hope I still have a job to get back to. :cry:

it feels like 30,000 pounds of weight just left my shoulders....

now I can stop walking on nails.

I've been like stressing over this crap for the last 6 weeks.....

werd, how were your finances holding out throughout this?
did the union give you guys a stipend or anything?

so now you have to stay on task and use the company resources to get your permits/licenses

jesus...im suprised your negotiators didnt get shot. id be fucking pissed if i was out of work for 6 months.

Quoted post[/post]]
werd, how were your finances holding out throughout this?
did the union give you guys a stipend or anything?

so now you have to stay on task and use the company resources to get your permits/licenses

Yup....I'm going to go see an education counciler ASAP, and talk to the FAA. The wife is buying me a book for the IA test questions from Ebay, it should be here in a week. And now I can invest that 3000 into my 401K, company will match it 50%..and thats going to be a lump sum of $4500...hehe

WE got a weekly stipend check for $232...and that really went real far...for 6 weeks...not 6 months.

And the wife is relieved now, and she's going to order a dumpster this week so we can get all the rest of the crap out of the house, the garage, and the back yard. I'll prolly try to pick up a cheap Honda or get my CRX running asap too..so I can get to work. The Z just sucks too much gas for a commuter DD...and the subaru needs some wheel bearings asap...and they are not too much, plus it will give me an excuse to pick up a shop press...hehe.

I've been living and paying all my bills with my tax return..and it's about dry... :cry:

glad to hear the good news!!! i hope that you havea job to go back to. Im happy for you man, good to hear that you get to go back to work, make some money and support your family. Now, i dont know what its like to be on strike for 6 weeks, but 232 bucks for 6 weeks is tough, good news is that you got thru it and you get to go back to work.

Back