It's that time of year again...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iquark

Well, it's starting to get nice outside (well at least here in washington), the sun is out, and it's perfect driving weather. I went for a drive this afternoon, then came back inside to look a HS for a sec, and every post I see is another "WTB Shell, WTB EG Hatch." I just realized that it's also that time of year when the 16 year olds get their licenses... everyone wants to start off with a 'dope ass car yO!' Anyways, a lot of those guys may be legit builders, but most won't know what to do with a shell. I guess that's just my .02 about this time of year, the projects are starting, and when its' all said and done, only about 40-50% of them will be finished, and the other half will be selling the shell next year for less than they paid for it.

Anyways, I have a feeling that we are all in for another round of "will these tIEt Altezzas fit my car man, and will they go with my JDM NOS kit?" It's always fun when the noobs come in groups...

Originally posted by Iquark@Feb 12 2004, 08:29 PM
I just realized that it's also that time of year when the 16 year olds get their licenses...

I don't understand this. Why does this time of the year have more 16 year olds getting their licenses than any other time? Are people more horny in May than any other time of the year or something?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Feb 12 2004, 08:52 PM-->
@Feb 12 2004, 08:29 PM
I just realized that it's also that time of year when the 16 year olds get their licenses...

I don't understand this. Why does this time of the year have more 16 year olds getting their licenses than any other time? Are people more horny in May than any other time of the year or something?

:blink: :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Feb 12 2004, 08:55 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 12 2004, 08:52 PM
Iquark

haha good question , i bet alot of parents dont want there baby dolls driving threw the bad winters so they make them wait untill its nice

Originally posted by SolLess16+Feb 12 2004, 09:18 PM-->
Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 12 2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 12 2004, 08:52 PM
Iquark

haha good question , i bet alot of parents dont want there baby dolls driving threw the bad winters so they make them wait untill its nice

Last time I checked, the middle of February is still winter and therefore, not "nice."

it is true though, this is the time all the summer businesses start getting ready for the summer...people with boats are bring them into the shop to get worked on...that summer fever makes a nasty itch, and you just wanna scratch it.....oh and of course, kids are jumping the gun too, getting ready for summer....

Sure people are more horny in May. I mean labor day weekend and summer starting lol. Cant wait

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Feb 12 2004, 06:52 PM-->

There is no point to this post, I guess I just get sick of the people who come on boards like these with the "Amazingly big plans for my B20 VTEC turbo" and probably never get past the intake on their ef civic sedans... I don't know, last year I was supposed to do a build for a kid, who was "just waiting to sign the loan papers with the bank" and really never could get the credit to get a single dime from the bank. I wish people would just set realistic goals for their projects, because I know everyone wants that amazing turbo setup that will be so easy to put together, but really they should stick to just getting the basics of I/H/E, suspension, and driving skills before they dream of 12 sec time slips... I'm just ranting I guess, but maybe a lot of you guys feel the same way...

Ian

Back