its that time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
ok im looking to get my hatch up and running... but with the turbo this time!

my turbo is off a 1st gen ford probe.

Just wondering if everything will be ok running a cheapo egay turbo many on 7.3psi?

another question i had, is a t3 flange ok for that turbo?

have fun with that ebay mani, unless its cast
the tubulars will crack no matter what you do to them
the cast ones are your safest bet

Umm...I dont see how you will be able to run that manifold with that turbo. That turbo you want to use uses a custom square 4 bolt flange...So no...a T3 will not work.

hes going to have to use an adapter plate.
and even that will probably have to be made at home.

my egay turbo was shit.....but none the less i did get my moneys worth out of and it made good power i just the basic pos t3/t4. it even made good power when i repalced it.........jsut smoked.lol

have fun with that ebay mani, unless its cast
the tubulars will crack no matter what you do to them
the cast ones are your safest bet

even with such low boost?

Umm...I dont see how you will be able to run that manifold with that turbo. That turbo you want to use uses a custom square 4 bolt flange...So no...a T3 will not work.

thanks for the info... custom is no problem.

my egay turbo was shit.....but none the less i did get my moneys worth out of and it made good power i just the basic pos t3/t4. it even made good power when i repalced it.........jsut smoked.lol

NO EGAY TURBO FO ME NIDDAH! lol probe turbo.

it is not the boost that is the problem. it is shitty design, and shitty materials that cause the problem. ive seen one of these manifolds first hand. first the welds crack, then you have them re-welded by someone who knows what they are doing. the welds are now the strongest parts of the manifold, so the metal just starts splitting. not even kidding. waste of money.

the only reason i say cast is better is because there are no shitty welds to break, and also the material is not paper thin.

you all know that i hate ebay turbo shit. i have my reasons.

damn kinda shot my idea... lol
whats a good header that isn't too expensive.
that way i can make/get the flange i need and weld it on the header.

once i get my header made im getting 2-1/4 pipe and mandrel bends to make a full custom exhaust.

with low boost it wont matter much........ cast mani will be fine, not the best but good for your app.

yea the wastegate placing is shitty. but honestly, its either that or you have a manifold made with the flange you want on it ($$$$$$)

or hell, i guess you could get an ebay tubular and brace the shit out of it lol

either way youre going to need an adapter place/new flange on the manifold itself.

I predict by the time all is said and done it will be cheaper to just get a diff. Turbo..............

possibly. i mean that manifold i put up there is $70. and to have an adapter flange made would be no more than 30$, its pretty simple.
and im assuming the turbo was pretty cheap. put him at ~$140-150

an ebay t3 + manifold runs about $250. so yes getting close lol

then run with it. go the ebay turbo mani setup.

WAIT WAIT WAIT, so the turbo you have is off of a probe, which should be internally gated, meaning you wont have to worry about the shitty placement of the wastegate on the cast ebay manifolds. youll just need a little plate to block off that 35/38mm wg hole.

yea its set at like 7.3psi so thats not a worry now i think i might put it on my eg i just got...

Back