it's times like this when i wish i didn't have the m

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i could have been shot when it got imported, and he replaced it here in the states....

What would you do? keep the shell with no motor in it? of course you're going to replace it. you don't junk a skyline or an m3 just because the motor is bad.
yeah, its a 10grand swap, but its better than a 30,000 driveway block

i could have been shot when it got imported, and he replaced it here in the states....

What would you do? keep the shell with no motor in it? of course you're going to replace it. you don't junk a skyline or an m3 just because the motor is bad.
yeah, its a 10grand swap, but its better than a 30,000 driveway block

Obviously I would have swapped it if it was my car and I blew something up.

You're missing my point, though. The red flag is that this guy says it was babied and somehow it blew up or needed to be rebuilt? If he's bullshitting about that, how do we know how hard the car has been romped on?

Its the old, "It was only driven by a grandma every sunday when she went to church" routine.

its a skyline. i fully expect it to be romped on.

i drive the FUCK out of my m3 on a daily basis.
but it's still babied and well-cared for.

rb26dett is a strong ass motor. putting a single turbo upgrade and rebuilding the block for more power is very common.

i would use that car like a dirty whore. kill it for 30,000 miles and sell it for the exact same price i bought it for. maybe more.

its a skyline. i fully expect it to be romped on.

i drive the FUCK out of my m3 on a daily basis.
but it's still babied and well-cared for.

Hehe I hear that. The way I stomp and shift my xB you would think it it was a Skyline, but I still baby her. Not as much as I could in that I'm dumping all my project cash into my Integra, but babied none the less.

Dude. Everyone who is saying "He says he's babying it" is a moron. Nobody babies a car like that. When I was driving the TT I must've made every single shift at redline, and hit the rev limiter a couple times a day. I even put a binder-clip on the boost controller, to let it over-boost. I turned that car back into the rental agency with only about 1000 Km more on it than I picked it up with, but it was srsly going to blow up soon.

When you import a car like that, you have money to replace stuff when you blow it up, so why not have fun and blow it up? Some people even like blowing engines up, because then they get to swap it with something bigger/better/stronger.

I romp on my fiat, but who cares, it's got like 90k on it, and fiat engines last to like 300k. If it dies at 200k, I still got a good deal. Romping on cars is fun. End of story.

Its funny how Europe´s cars seem to be killer or totally blah. A buddy of mine had a Panda when we were in Italy. That thing couldn´t make it up the hill to get to my house with more that one person in it. I´ll never forget laughing our asses off as we rolled back to the bottom...

Romping on Fiats is fun. You would not believe the way the Italians drive those things until you see it. They can move and they have to be tough to survive the shit I´ve seen.

Remember, if you find yourself driving on the north coast (costa smeralda) of sardinia and you round a corner to see a car coming at you in YOUR lane do not panic. This is considered normal driving to them. Just do your thing and let the locals drive around you. Otherwise you will die...

Then again I´m from Boston and I found the driving to be quite normal...

drbelanger: Yeah, my fiat is a killer in the city. Just on the highways, you had better give up. It's geared like a tractor, so in the city it'll rule the whole world. While everyone else is waiting for their turbo to spool up, you're already at 5k and zooming by them.

Sardinia is a whole 'nother story. Jeeze, I'm so glad I wasn't driving there. heh.

Its funny how Europe´s cars seem to be killer or totally blah. A buddy of mine had a Panda when we were in Italy. That thing couldn´t make it up the hill to get to my house with more that one person in it. I´ll never forget laughing our asses off as we rolled back to the bottom...

Romping on Fiats is fun. You would not believe the way the Italians drive those things until you see it. They can move and they have to be tough to survive the shit I´ve seen.

Remember, if you find yourself driving on the north coast (costa smeralda) of sardinia and you round a corner to see a car coming at you in YOUR lane do not panic. This is considered normal driving to them. Just do your thing and let the locals drive around you. Otherwise you will die...

Then again I´m from Boston and I found the driving to be quite normal...

Dude, that's fucking awesome ! Before I was born my dad had a Fiat Panda - and he said he had to turn around and go up steep hills in reverse !

That reminds me of when I was driving my cinquecento, and I was following my girlfriend's mom in her supercharged Nissan extera. She went up some 14% grade hill, and then decided that it was the wrong way. I was about to kill her. That took so fucking long for me to get up, and I felt like I had to kick the girlfriend out, and have her push. Honestly, I never thought about reversing up the hill. That's an awesome idea.

This was me at Whiteface in Lake Placid, NY this February.
n31504093_31546188_659.jpg

But I did eventually make it after probably taking a few years off the teg's life.
n31504093_31546190_1405.jpg

Back