It's too hot.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

...for a penguin to just be walking around?

41590_380137030423_1381631_n.jpg

Got in the car to go to work yesterday and the dude on the radio said, 'The time is 12:35pm and it is burning lava hot'. Dude usually says like '102 degrees' never heard him say burning lava hot before....

Got in the car to go to work yesterday and the dude on the radio said, 'The time is 12:35pm and it is burning lava hot'. Dude usually says like '102 degrees' never heard him say burning lava hot before....
I don't compare San Antonio with DFW when looking at the weather. Been there in September - December before and I know it gets plenty hot.

It's been a nutbuster this year in DFW - I've been here since 1989 and this is by far the worst year for me up here.

Just nasty hot and dry - sometimes humid with a blistering heat index too. Looks like the forecast going into next week is dropping off a little. It usually does start the fall cool down around Labor Day up here - we can hope.

Yep, forecast says 96 for Thursday, 93 for this coming Friday and mid 90's going into next week. Oh joy!

Last edited:
The dryer the heat, the better. I could deal with 102 and humidity in the single digits over even 88 and 50% humidity. But when you're in the heat index of 102 and it's 45% humidity while the dew point is 60°, it makes it extremely difficult to breathe.

yeah i lived in dfw for 20 years before moving to sa. i know how that humidity can change things compared to here with near 0 humidity.

I think it 114 yesterday here in Vegas. Very dry heat though. Still hot as hades!

I loved being in Utah in September... High 90's low 100's, but like 15% humidity. Your sweat actually has a chance to evaporate like it was meant to and keeps you cool. As long as you have water with you it's fantastic.

Back