1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its twins !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by floridaboyb18, Aug 3, 2008.

1. floridaboyb18

floridaboyb18 New Member

hey every body i just join the honda fam lol today i pick up 2 b18b1 ls engines now all i need is a crx or a hatch to put one of them in so .. ... how hard is it to do an engine swap and how long would it take to do one !

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Nice pick up. How much did you pay for them? Are you familiar with what is involved in swapping out engines?

3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

if you have any idea of what your doing,then the swap should take about 2days(given you have everything you need)

4. floridaboyb18

floridaboyb18 New Member

i paid 150 for both it was a lucky find you can say lol and yeah i know what goes in to doing an engine swap the only thing is the motor mounts how do you change thoughs out

so far i have the engine ,wirirng harnest,and mounts and im picking up a tranny next week so what elts do i need other than an ecu ??? thanks for the help

5. formby

formby learning in progress

i would get a car and then see what i need for it.

and at the very least take a look and the short block inside to see if they have spun bearings. also i would do a leak down test; it would be a shame if you bought and installed everything only to find out the engines are garbage...

GL

6. oneofakinduserid

oneofakinduserid Eh?

Between the two engines, providing they both don't have the same problems (and this is IF there's anything wrong with them but I don't see someone selling two for that price if they were both in good condition IMO) then you should be able to build one good engine.

From the little bit that I know (which isn't all that much), to do a swap you're going to need mounts, axles, shift linkage, ECU, wiring harness, and intake/exhaust manis. I'm not sure if that's all you'll need, but the smarter people will correct me if any of that's wrong =)

7. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

correct^ but the manifolds should be on th motors..also depends what car this is going into(if he-ll need a harness or not)

8. floridaboyb18

floridaboyb18 New Member

the engine in the pic runs fine for all i know lol umm it has only 60k miles on it the other engine on the tire is the bad one it has a bad rod and crank shaft but the block is good so im going to rebuild it can you say eagle ! but i want to swap it in to a 89and up crx or hatch so ive been doing alot of work getting every thing to do this swap so wish me luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted