I've been converted...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 12 2004, 05:34 PM

1990-1994
Hatch = 2730ish

So they are about 100 or so lbs heavier than Integras
[post=376100]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not right. when i ran at englishtown the car weighed ~2400lbs with me in it. full interior only the spare out. 92 civic dx hatchie. :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Aug 13 2004, 07:05 AM-->
@Aug 12 2004, 05:34 PM

1990-1994
Hatch = 2730ish

So they are about 100 or so lbs heavier than Integras
[post=376100]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not right. when i ran at englishtown the car weighed ~2400lbs with me in it. full interior only the spare out. 92 civic dx hatchie. :)
[post=376274]Quoted post[/post]​

He's talking about the 240sx

I was wondering the same things since whenever people talk about the fastback they say their choice was on weight?? go figure - those numbers were pulled from some legit car site.

Common sense would state that the fastback would be at least slightly lighter than the coupe... I think I'm losing it... black is white, up is down! OMG!

fastback=50/50 weight front/back
coupe=55-45

IIRC :)

I just got hired at a place that is going to be paying me pretty damn well so all systems are go for the 240. I'm going to save up enough to just outright buy the 240 rather than selling the Civic for it. Then I'll sell the Civic and use the 6 grand from that just for mods. Suspension, brakes, then the SR swap. I want a hatchback not only because of the perfect weight distribution, but also because i will be *drifting*. If I got a coupe, I'd have to have the front end conversion and needless to say that if I smash up my front end, the US market front end will be substantially easier to replace than a Silvia front end. :)

Anycrap, I like a 180SX with the JDM taillights and sleepy eyes better anyway. B)

the 180sx tails are nice, BUT those fuckers are wayyyy overpriced, think Jspec.com is selling them for 580ish.

If i planned on keeping my coupe, I considered the frontend also BUT chances are that the front end will get fucked, and not only that I love the silvia frontend with the plain jane square headlights which run 300 for the pair.

by the way, what year fastback did you get??

I haven't gotten a 240 yet, I wanna save up enought to just buy the 240 and use the money i get from selling the civic for mods.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 13 2004, 04:03 PM
How in the name of the baby jesus can a fastback be HEAVIER than a coupe??
[post=376479]Quoted post[/post]​

rear glass = heavy

In a coupe, the rear chassis stiffening is found in the cross bars behind the rear seat. If the car is equipped with a pass-through rear seat (And it's a coupe) then the bars are slightly heavier gauge, and a rounded opening is created.

In a liftback, the chassis stiffening has to travel to the back, to the C pillar and then hidden (read: Heavier gauge) into the body-side C pillar (Versus the hatch-side pillar supports). There is twice as much steel, twice as much length, and twice the gauge. Then, the glass is twice as much as well.

It's all about the rear chassis stiffening. Coupes will always weigh less than liftbacks (Remember, kids... Long hatchbacks are called Liftbacks. Hatchbacks are stubby cars like the Civic hatch).

-> Steve

I found a nice AE86 coupe for sale in the autotrader today so i'm gonna take a look at it. Super clean with a rebuilt motor and it comes with three extra sets of wheels and tires for 3400 obo. I'm not sure if i'll buy it, but ill look at it and if i fall in love then i guess it was meant to be.

I have seen some that were in the 3-4k price range but they were in very very good condition, and they usually had between 100-130k, as opposed to 200k+. It's always nice to have a motor last atleast a little :)

Well, that guy was b-b-buster. H sold it. :(

Anyhow, some dude from Bremerton might trade me his hachiroku coupe for my car anda few grand. We'll see what comes of it.

Oh yeah... and I can get a blacktop 20valve for 800 bucks. :ph34r:

Back