I've been to the machine shop!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Reopening to add a comment...

The assumption is that B16 pistons fit on the LS rods- there are enough people that have done that. The GSR/ITR pistons do NOT fit the LS rods without modification, so they won't fit in a B16 either.

The B16A and B16B (CTR) do not use the same block configuration. The geometry is the same as the B16A, but the block is the same as the B18C and B18C5. I assume that would mean the rods are the same width as the B18C units (thinner I think), so you wouldn't be able to use those pistons in anything but a B18C block... therefore they won't fit in a B18A/B block. The B16A pistons would, but not the B16B.

That's how I understand it anyway.

Leaving open for further discussion. Any more fighting will result in the reclosing of this thread.

but cant you use ctr pistons in the b16a as well? if ctr pistons can go into a b16a, and the b16a pistons can be used in the ls engine, why cant the ctr pistons be used in the ls? what makes them not fit? will ctr pistons fit in the gsr block with no modification? if modification is necessary, what mods are needed to make it fit?

Thanks for all the facts, I wasn't being a dick I just have a good sense of
humer.

For the question of the B16A rods, You other guys correct me if I am wrong but these rods will fit B16B.

LS rods will fit B16A and have to be modified a little to fit the B16B.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks again for all the help, this is fastest response I could have ever expected! :D

Well, all the rods would be interchangeable if you just look at the "big" ends that sit on the crank. The difference as I understand it is the thickness of the rod at the pin end. I've never measured them, but everyone says that the GSR and ITR rods are thinner at the top than the LS rods. Assuming that the B16A and LS can swap pistons without any shimming or machine work, you assume that the LS and B16A rods are the same width at the top.

I'm just blatantly assuming that the B16B rods are the same thickness at the top as the B18C and ITR rods, since they go into the same block. Sure, they're the same length as the B16A rods, but that doesn't mean they're the same thickness at the pin end and are direct replacements for the B16B units... so that doesn't necessarily mean that the B16B pistons can fit directly on the B16A rods and therefore the B18 (LS) rods.

Someone who knows for sure tell me if I'm right or wrong...

Back