Ive come a long way since may....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
ya know, in may, the most i could have told you about an engine is the fact that it had pistons (and later i learned even that wasnt a fact on the RX7 and 8 and on the cosmos)...just goin back through the Accord/Lude swap thread i found this:

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=55234&hl=

:cliffs:
ME: What do i need to replace on this swap besides water pump and timing belt?

DOHCVTEC Accord: At a minimum, you'll need to buy new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil and oil filter. Anything beyond that is up to you, since everything is easier with the engine out of the car.

ME: by cap, you mean distributor cap right

and by rotors you mean for like the AC compressor and the alternator, not the brake rotors right?

I dunno...its just crazy to think that i take apart an engine at least once a week...ive turboed 3 cars (helped at least) and taken apart a 91 Caprice 3 or 4 times and swapped a 350ci/280hp into it.

now that i think about it...ive helped rebuild an LS-1 an LT-1 and install a blower on one of the LT-1s...good lord...there is more chevy in there...but i have yet to touch a ford other than my dads truck, and that was an oil change.

we've all learned tons.. especially myself.
thats why i started this site... when you write stuff down, you remember it.

I'm to embaressed to put up my first topic from here. I think i was attempting to put a hyundi motor into my old old crx. Funniest thing is that i actualy ended up putting that motor into an eclipes a few years down the road.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok so i just went back and found my hyundi topic: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=15783&hl=
I wish I could go back in time and kick myself in the nuts. But now I've got 3.5 years of tech school under my belt, plus i'll be taking all my ASE exams in the spring so i guess we'll find out if i've learned anything since then.

lmao- my reply to that thread is great:

honda/acuras are mad by japanesse.
hundai's are made by koreans.

just because we went to war with both of them and bombed the ever living piss out of them does not mean that they are the same.

on top of all that, why the fuck would you want a piece of shit motor in your car?
have you ever raced or driven in a hundai? i mean- I've seen school busses walk on them.

lol

let's see, my first post...

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2

yelling at n00bs :p

stallowned.gif

Quoted post[/post]]
Don't forget- he's sniffings lots of "tylonal". If I could snort huge Tylenol pills up my nose, I might think I could put a Hyundai engine into a Honda too.

:laugh:

Hmm. Which ones do I want to snort today?

trstablets.gif

tesgeltabs.gif

tesgelcaps.gif

or

tescaplets.gif

? I think the gelcaps will fit best today. I'm tired and don't want to work the old schnozz too hard. Oh I know... I'll take the

childliquid.gif

. It's the easiest to inhale. Yes, that's what I'll do. I'm REALLY lazy today.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bustout: :bustout: :bustout:

Its all about learning. Those who know - share, and those who read it, learn. About 3 years ago when I started working on my EG I didn't know shit about Hondas, suspension or boost. Fast forward to today - I've learned a whole bunch. Forums are great, but hanging out with guys who know thier shit is even better. The crew I hang out with includes an architect, a diesel tech, a pilot, and a cook. We all learn from each other, and we all share ideas and knowlage. I've corrected a guy from Trick Engineering about piping layout for a wastegate, and I've also sat down and listened to an F1 Dyno tech talk about A/F curves - and tried to take it all in.

You'll never stop learning. I got an early start, and given my age, I'd assume I'm pretty lucky to know what I know, but it all comes from experience.

Oh my lord I've come a long way too. It's always gratifying to get information from people who know what the hell they are talking about, whether it's on a forum or in person. :thumbsup:

if you want to be t3h learned,

its expensive as fuck... but so worth it.

i personally haven't had a chance to go to it yet, but next time they are in my area and my chedule doesn't conflict, i'm going to it.

Back