1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i've done swaps but want to make sure...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b18vtecrx, Mar 30, 2004.

1. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

hey guys im about to help my little brother with a swap. my experience in swaps isn't limited i did a b18b swap in my 89' crx...so anyways i am going to put a 86-89 teg motor in a 1st gen crx and i wanted to make sure that its bolt in and plug n' play. im thinking since the 1st gens are carbuerated that i will have to swap ecu's but thats as far as i know i dont know much about the carbuated and FI difference can somebody help me make sure that its gonna be a bolt in and plug n' play swap? thnx guys for any future help. peace -mike

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the D16A1 from the 86-89 Integra is bolt-in - you need engine, ECU, transmission, axles, knuckles/hubs and shift linkage from the Integra - since yours is carbed, however, it is not just plug and play - you will need to swap out the entire fuel system from Si, including tank, pump, lines, etc. - try to stay with the 86-87 Integra engine as it is more compatible with the 1st gen as far as electronics go - for lots of good info, go to the 1st gen experts: http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/inde...=ST&f=16&t=2562

3. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

so basically if i get a first gen thats an SI then i don't have to worry about swapping the tank,lines etc? please let me know asap. and are you sure about the knuckes and axles? they are both D series i thought they would be the same?

4. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

you need every thing fuel related.your going from carb to fi

5. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

yes, i am sure about the knuckles/hubs - if you have Si then it is mostly plug and play, except for wiring the Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted