i've done swaps but want to make sure...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

hey guys im about to help my little brother with a swap. my experience in swaps isn't limited i did a b18b swap in my 89' crx...so anyways i am going to put a 86-89 teg motor in a 1st gen crx and i wanted to make sure that its bolt in and plug n' play. im thinking since the 1st gens are carbuerated that i will have to swap ecu's but thats as far as i know i dont know much about the carbuated and FI difference can somebody help me make sure that its gonna be a bolt in and plug n' play swap? thnx guys for any future help. peace -mike

the D16A1 from the 86-89 Integra is bolt-in - you need engine, ECU, transmission, axles, knuckles/hubs and shift linkage from the Integra - since yours is carbed, however, it is not just plug and play - you will need to swap out the entire fuel system from Si, including tank, pump, lines, etc. - try to stay with the 86-87 Integra engine as it is more compatible with the 1st gen as far as electronics go - for lots of good info, go to the 1st gen experts: http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/inde...=ST&f=16&t=2562

so basically if i get a first gen thats an SI then i don't have to worry about swapping the tank,lines etc? please let me know asap. and are you sure about the knuckes and axles? they are both D series i thought they would be the same?

you need every thing fuel related.your going from carb to fi

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Mar 30 2004, 09:55 PM
so basically if i get a first gen thats an SI then i don't have to worry about swapping the tank,lines etc? please let me know asap. and are you sure about the knuckes and axles? they are both D series i thought they would be the same?

yes, i am sure about the knuckles/hubs - if you have Si then it is mostly plug and play, except for wiring the Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft

Back