I've got a good one, see if you can answer it.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
everyone knows that the eg and the dc chassis' are similar, almost identical as far as parts go, so here goes:

Would a DC firewall work on an EG chassis?? I need to know if anyone knows this because I can get a RHD conversion firewall and such alot cheaper from a DC integra than for an EG (about a 500 difference in price)
Unless anyone has an eg conversion for sale cheap. . .
Let me know, and please dont gimme any crap about "its not worth it, yadda yadda yadda" I want a RHD eg6, so Im gonna build one.

i'm sure it would work.. i mean you can put an integra dash into an EG, so i assume the width is the same.. if its any taller i'm sure you could trim excess material off

Im getting mixed answers, but from the pics I ave gathered, the integra one is different on the upper part of the firewall, where it meets the windshield, etc.
I would obviously want my wipers to go the JDM way so that if it did rain while diving it would clear the windshield correctly, either way, I would have to modify the integra firewall so much that I dunno if it would be worth it, also on the civic there is that piece of metal that sticks out (where the steering column bolts to) that isn't on the integra firewall that I can see, so it wouldn't work unless used the integra dashboard, and that would ruin the whole thing, I think Ill just bite the bullet and get the eg6 one, that way Ill get the dash and other misc parts that I won't have to source later.
I'm gonna fully document this one for everyone's enjoyment.

Back