I've got a riddle/question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

ok here goes-
Three guys walk into a shitty motel which costs $30 per night- They each decide to split it three ways and so they each throw in $10 each. As it turns out, the motel is running a special that night and the rooms are actually $25 instead of 30. The man at the desk gives the bellhop the 5 dollars to give back to the men. Rather then give them back the five dollars though, the bellhop keeps $2 for himself and only gives them back $3. If he gives them back $3 and they split it evenly amongst themselves, they technically only paid $9 each for the room- And $9 x 3 people is $27 dollars for the night. But then why is $30 -$2 (the money the bellhop kept) equal to $28 dollars?

I don't know the answer to this one, I still can't figure it out- I hope someone on here can

dammit you're right- ya know, you would think for a mechanical engineer i could figure something simple like that out- but about 6 of us sat around for a day trying to figure that out and couldn't-

villanova mechanical engineers=fucktards apparently

Ok, you're a bus driver. On your route there are 6 stops, and then a turn around. On the first stop 8 get on, 2nd stop 3 get off 5 get on, 3rd stop 7 on 2 off, 4th stop 12 off 17 on, 5th stop 3 on 4 off, 6th dtop 6 on 1 off, what hand does the busdriver write with?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 8 2004, 01:15 AM
dammit you're right- ya know, you would think for a mechanical engineer i could figure something simple like that out- but about 6 of us sat around for a day trying to figure that out and couldn't-

Yea! I was hoping all weekend that I was right.

<-----"alternative education" High school graduate (High school for fuck ups).

I went to bed thinking about this one. I didn not stick around for the response but Im glad I was right and was not flamed!! :lol:

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Feb 9 2004, 02:11 PM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Feb 8 2004, 01:15 AM

Yea! I was hoping all weekend that I was right.

<-----"alternative education" High school graduate (High school for fuck ups).

I went to bed thinking about this one. I didn not stick around for the response but Im glad I was right and was not flamed!! :lol:

:flame: I can't believe the pothead got the answer before a bunch of engineers sitting around a table for 8 hours. :p :lol:

Back