ive tried everything with this o2 code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaMoCo

I have a 93 civic cx with a mini-me swap in it and ever since i did the swap i cant shake the o2 code. the first swap i did on this car was a jdm d15b vtec with the jdm d15b po8 ecu which requires a single wire o2, so i converted from the 4 wire to the single wire when i did that swap about 8 months ago, and it ran perfect, about a month ago i built a mini me and swaped it in didnt even mess with the wires simply dissconnected them and swaped the motor, and the code appeared and would not go away, this damn thing.

the first thing i did was re- check my wiring, and when i did that i noticed that the vtec wire and the o2 wire had shorted out together, so then i completely re ran the wires and double checked them with the ohm meter.

i figured since the o2 runs off of such small voltage crossing over with the vtecs 12 volts probobly fried it- so i went and bought a brand new boshe one from autozone pluged it in and still throwing an o2 code- damn the o2 all to hell

these are my thoughts i know the wiring and the o2 are completly fine, so im thinking maybe i fried something in the ecu or maybe the mini-me itself is causing the o2 code, but i thought if i was throwing an o2 code it means "faulty wiring or faulty sensor" ? im lost?? any thoughts?

maybe the problem is inside the ECU- another guy on here did something similar to that to his P72- I imagine you could have fried the component inside the ECU that reads or controls the O2 sensor- get a schematic and check it out

somethings wack... lol

When i mis-wired my o2, the car ran for about 100 feet before it just stalled out and wouldn't start back up again.

now, bosch wiring is different. there's been a few threads on this on h-t

read the box or something again, and make sure that you are connecting up the proper wires- not just colors.

its just a single wire 02, im running the jdm obd1 po8 ecu and it only uses a single wire, man i think i might have screwed this ecu.

haha me too. if you can find where they have a diagram of the ecu circuits tell me too. i havent been lucky with finding them.

Back