1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ivtec swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by loudness, Mar 16, 2008.

1. loudness

loudness New Member

okay im looking into buying an 1994 to 1998 integra ls non-vtec and I was thinking about swaping out the engine with an ivtec from a rsx. would this engine fit? and if so how much would it cost?
    :rally:

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yes, it'll fit.. and it'll cost roughly $10k w/ parts and labor

3. Koop

Koop •°o.O KOOP™

y not just buy a good car to start

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Well, the Integra is a fine car, no doubt. If you're looking to build a B-series than the Integra is a great platform. If you want to build a K-series though, then yeah, you should probably either start with a K-equipped car or be prepared to dump some serious cash.

5. hondakidd

hondakidd New Member

hey im thinking of dropping an 06 civic ivtec into my 91 accord....
    i already have the motor and im only looking at about 2500 with motor and installation.....
    i bought the motor from a relative of mine that owns a junk yard and he had an 06 civic si that was rear ended and he sold me the entire engine tranny wiring ecu steering colom( need the key, and ignition switch to start it) for a thousand bucks....lol.....is that a steal or what...hey whats family for right

6. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Why would you put it in an accord, just have your relative sell you an EG or EK shell and drop the k series into that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted