J1 b series tranny...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i would like to hear some opinions on this particular transmission. how are the differentials?? are the syncros fairly strong?? how will it work with a stock gsr motor? over all is it a good tranny and about how much is it worth??? sorry about all the questions, but im just filled so many...thanks

As far as i know the J1 should be pertty much the same as the other jdm b16 transmissions (though im not aware of them coming at all with lsds at all). Ive had mine for about 2 years and it has maintained its good condition, paid $350 for it.

Originally posted by Guy@Nov 19 2004, 01:08 AM
As far as i know the J1 should be pertty much the same as the other jdm b16 transmissions (though im not aware of them coming at all with lsds at all). Ive had mine for about 2 years and it has maintained its good condition, paid $350 for it.
[post=419046]Quoted post[/post]​

IMO...my J1 (no LSD) seems shorter than the other b16 (cable) trannies i've driven for some reason. mine has put up with a lot of abuse...i got mine for $150 but that was from a girl who used to like me :p :shrug2:

Back