Jack Frost screwed me this morning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

This morning I woke up to head out for school, and it had sleeted and snowed last night. I put my key in my 2 door 96 accord with power locks and turn, and it doesn't want to turn all the way. So I make the mistake of turning it all the way, and I hear the electronic locks try to open, but it didn't sound like it opened all the way. So I try the paessenger side, and same story there. So I walk out there in the snow with a blow dryer and an extension cord, heat all the door cracks to make sure it wasn't just frozen shut, that didn't do anything. So I climb in the trunk and get the passenger's side door to unlock, no problem, then push it out, the ice breaks, pow, that side's cool, but then the driver's side just would not unlock. I hit the power locks, and it doesn't even try to unlock. Like normally the lock tab will push out at least halfway if you try to lock it and don't have the handle pulled, but now it's just the power lock running, and nothing happening. I can't force the tab open manually, either. Well, I started to, but a cracking noise stopped me dead in my tracks on that one. So I don't know wtf to do, if it's locked shut, I'm f-ed. I had a friend with a 90-93 body who said that for his year, 1 in like every 1,000 had a faulty part that made the door lock break while the door was shut and locked, and he had to cut the door off. Obviously, the idea of taking a saw to my accord brings a tear to my eye, so I need any info anyone's got. Thanks

if you know what you are doing you wont have to cut the door off. at most you might have to get a new door panel if they cant get it off without destroying it. but once you get the door panel off, you should be able to get to the locking mechanism and the rods.

well, I went out to my car again after I had some hot chocolate to warm the f back up, and I played with it enough to get it to unluck, but it is seriously ROUGH now, so I don't know if it's just the cold weather, or if there is something actually wrong, like something bent, broken, etc. does cold weather affect honda locks that much, or do you think that something actually broke? This is my first winter with my honda. And btw, I hate how I'm always preaching to all my friends with american cars that they should get a honda because nothing ever goes wrong with them. But, at least it's not engine trouble, I guess...

Why would he need to "cut the door off" ?! That's insane !

try owning an EK. Talk about door problems.

speaking of doors freezing shut the other night it hailed and sleeted by me. well i had to drive my friend home after it stopped. doors were frozen shut on both sides and both doors had a sheet of ice below them. im sure it was hilarious watching us pull on the doors, trying to open them, while slipping on a sheet of ice. it only took about ten minutes though.

I went 2 weeks climbing in and out of my hatch cause some jackass friends thought it would be funny to wedge the door and glass appart then poor two buckets of water in there

Want an easy way to fix the frozen stuff? Get a remote starter... :) Then when you get out of the car, make sure you have the heat on full blast on defrost... It will not only make the car nice and toasty, but eventually melt all the ice...

Back