jack o lantern ideals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys i'm gonna go with the chick from the movie the exorcist, this was just a test pumpkin to see if i'm gonna be able to do it, when i redo it it will have cleaner lines and will be all over more refined, what do ya think ya or na

it looks more like a one-armed witch about to fall from a dog house lol

oh and i got a magazine thats got some cool looking jack o lanterns in it.. i'll post a pic of some in a few

Last edited:
i prefer the classic hack and carve job...none of this fancy stuff. something feels good when you gouge and stab a head like object.

I believe that ALL jack-o-lanterns deserve a fair shake!

Well, the topic is "jack-o-lantern ideals" :)

heres the pic i went by

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 224
dont know if you've seen them.. but carve them from the inside and leave the skin.. the light will shine through and you can get really detailed on faces

thats the type of stuff you can do if you carve from the inside.. i'll see i can find a link for it

well actually i think its the out side because you have to get the skin off then make the inside thin so light can pass through

Headed out to the local "pumpkin patch" to pick out pumpkins for me and the kiddos. I'm always looking to do something different and original. I may have beat myself at my own game this year! Woo Hoo!

This is the "pumpkin" I picked out:
pumpkin.jpg

Its a gigantic gourd. Picture doesn't do it justice. about 3 foot tall and over 40 pounds. I am seeing a Tiki man in its near future!!:D

**edit** wow, seeing that posted up, it just looks dirty. I shall call him "dick".

Headed out to the local "pumpkin patch" to pick out pumpkins for me and the kiddos. I'm always looking to do something different and original. I may have beat myself at my own game this year! Woo Hoo!

This is the "pumpkin" I picked out:
pumpkin.jpg

Its a gigantic gourd. Picture doesn't do it justice. about 3 foot tall and over 40 pounds. I am seeing a Tiki man in its near future!!:D

**edit** wow, seeing that posted up, it just looks dirty. I shall call him "dick".

Mr. Peanut?
Mr.%20Peanut.bmp

yo phyre if you are going to use candles to light that sucker you may need to engineer a multi tiered lighting system... just to help light it all up..

kinda like a building has floors, just make a little platform every foot or so to make it all look uniform.

that idea just came to me so i hope it helps

i always just use a led flashlight in the top for white lights and normal flash lights for the candle effect in the top

Dick, the concept drawing. Other than straightening up some lines and fattening up the lips, this should be pretty much it. Not intentional, but it kinda looks like Beavis, lol. Not sure how I'm going to pull off the pineapple.

9076d1224467369-dick.jpg

Attachments

• dick.jpg
    dick.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 264
yeah that looks good and its a pretty easy one to do and the pineapple on his head is no biggie just use thin checkered board lines. or just shave it down to where its almost all the way through but not and leave the skin where the lines are and it will still shine through.

Back