jack o lantern ideals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looks good.

So... why's there a pineapple on is head?

I have no idea. Its just what tiki men have on their heads. Sure there is a story/tradition behind it.
tiki-mask.jpg
Polynesian_mask.JPG

Last edited:
Damn, a couple of those are straight up disturbing! I would avoid the house with the bagged pumpkin. The guy that lives there is clearly fucked in the head. The bleeding princess pumpkin.. some kid is going to cry over that. lol.

And the leg bitten off/scattered candy is great.

Dick, the concept drawing. Other than straightening up some lines and fattening up the lips, this should be pretty much it. Not intentional, but it kinda looks like Beavis, lol. Not sure how I'm going to pull off the pineapple.

9076d1224467369-dick.jpg

Why not just get a pineapple? carve it out and glue that shit on his head.. just a thought

ahhvtec.. thats what i was thinking of..

but i think i'll do a Misfits skull this year..

kick ass.. now that i know its possible i will most likely do it.. or ill have my cousin draw me up a skull on a pumpkin.. he apprenticing at a tattoo shop and can draw pretty damn good..

i think i'll do an original skull instead.. i have an idea of what to do so i dont have to carve it that way

too advanced??
gut and scrape the inside of the pumpkin
put a light inside
draw the rough design you want on the front
scrape the skin off
scrape away until you get the desired amount of light coming through the pumpkin

heres a tip i found that might be useful
Preserving and Firming Up a Pumpkin

Put the pumpkin in a wash tub of cold water. If the pumpkin is carved, put the carved part face down. Let the pumpkin float, and let the insides fill with water. The pumpkin will absorb the water and become very firm.
If you have fine detail work to do, you may want to let your pumpkin soak over night. This will firm up the pumpkin flesh and allow you to do intricate carving.
For long term storage, put a thin amount of petroleum jelly on the exposed, sawed edges. This prevents water from getting out. If water gets out, your pumpkin will shrivel. Anytime your pumpkin shrivels, soak it in a bath of cold water for one to eight hours, longer is better. Over night doesn't hurt.
Putting a little unscented Clorox bleach in the water will prevent your pumpkin from prematurely molding by killing off evil pumpkin germs.
Use a plant mister to spray your pumpkin and keep it moist. If you put it in plastic wrap to hold the water in and place it in the refrigerator, not the freezer, you can keep the pumpkin looking good for a long, long time.
Once you remove a wet pumpkin for display, you should immediately dry it off. This prevents mold from having a chance to grow.

yeah Predator is awesome, but for some reason i think i saw that in the first g/f picture thread

I carved Vegeta going super saiyan! Well, just the head- but really cool ^^

My lil sis paid a tribute to 'Da Cheat' this year.

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Back