Jamie's '94 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Newfie_Sol

Just a few pic's of my car and etc... I beat up the fresh paint on the valve cover during install of the motor.. so I might post pic's of it repainted..

Attachments

• IMG_3819.JPG
    IMG_3819.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3896.JPG
    IMG_3896.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    668.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    683.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    619.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    749.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    644.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    828.9 KB · Views: 227
how do you like the map light handles?? do they put out a usable amount of light???

clean little car. i like everything except the taillights. some stock lights or some si-like lights would be cool.

:werd: .. lose the tails and the dual exhaust and you got a winner

oh, cant forget the Motegi Racing stickers on each fender

Thanks for the feedback! I think everyone and anyone who is a car enthusiast enjoys to hear praise and opinions about their car!

All of what you see done to the car such as paint.. tail lights.. exhaust.. lol were all done by the last owner.. all the way down to the ricer stickers.. I'll throw some pics of everthing I'm doing or have already done..

I'm 23 and this is the first car that I have owned that I have an appreaciation for.. I blew the motor last year in oct.. and I'm just getting her back together this month. I built the motor myself and installed it myself.. my budget's tight ;)

And yeah some stuff's gonna change real soon.. When I bought her the last guy had this hack job of a lip on the front which was a lip cut in 2 and matched in the middle with some mesh.. I got a new one.. another pic post for later :D... my dream is to shave the handles..

Does anyone have any tips for running the power leads for the map lights? I would want them to have power while the key is in the acc. mode.. I think the only power that is sent to the door is the power window switch and motor.. or the power windows.. but they only work with the key in the on pos. any tips peoples?

Attachments

• IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3463.JPG
    747.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    534.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3690.JPG
    738.3 KB · Views: 259
Dude... fuckin sweet find man you get rep! Didn't play very well on my compter tho lol

I'll have to watch it on the ps3 tomorrow

Game Station? FaceTube??? Idk wtf thats all about but damn that video is sick!

Last edited:
LOL I never even took notice to the gamestation and facetube.. I looked up facetube on google, its some stupid dating site..

I wonder what happened on the first take of the opening shot, Notice the tire marks are already there. Hes standing a little stiff. Maybe Ken took his legs out.

That WRX sounds sooo sexy.

Wait! Check out 5:27. Follow Rick across the runway but hold on his tire marks just as Ken comes into picture they disappear. Was this thing just editing magic?! I know they do a lot of takes, but I let the C130 dissapearing in the 3 vehicle shot go as "maybe it was just hiding behind the STI." Now I just dont know...

It's all edited together from varous takes. There's no way they could do it all in one run in a way that the final product would be that awesome. Either way, it's still fuckin great.

And to newfie... I would just do the map light wiring from scratch. Could be easier that way.. maybe.

Regards to the map lights...I put them in yesterday, I was at my wits end telling people to use the out side handle.. the old ones didn't open the doors anymore.. and all I could think about was being pulled over by the Po and havin' to hop out nascar style, then the cop drawing cause he thinks I'm jumpin' at him.. haha

I wired them in like backprobe's in the driver side to the 10A circuit that controls the power window switches.. then grounded it on a random 10m bolt in the door.. the same on the pass. side.. it was alot easier with less wires to figure out.. come tonight I'll take a video of the light that comes out of them.. in the day it looks no brighter then the dome.. but its in the door.. whats the saying? ... location, location, location.. lol

Just a question... some may laugh.. what are the legalities of a N02 kit on a canadian car? just a query I guess... I seen a wet kit for a honda at a local shop for 599.00+tax.. and lights started going off in my head.. I instantly started dreaming of lighting up the tires at 100km/h with the push of a button.. and 600 or a few hundred more isn't alllll that much when you think of the gain you may receive from a little squirt.. I would ask my local authorities but I'd rather keep the disco lights and bracelet fellers in the dark about any possiable modifications that could get me in poo.. :ph34r:

You must edit videos for a living double0Si, that video shock n' awe'ed the pants off me... I was to busy picking my face off my lap to notice even what he was saying...

If I ever get robbed.. I'm gonna send you all the video I can get.. cause you won't miss shit! lol :D

no lol. I've just watched it about 10 times while sitting at work. (nothing to do when no planes arent coming in.) And English people speaking annoys the shit outta me so that jumped out at me right off the bat. As sick as the video is I actually paused it to post that. That's how bad it is for me.

Well the video inspired me to make this on Forza 2. No internet right now other than the phone so pics aren't too great. Also didn't go fully in depth on details as this was a quick hourish build...

Oh and I know that could/should go in the F2 thread but I figure its just as relevant and off topic as everything else in this post lol. And it was all from scratch built off of pics on my phone and memory so don't be too critical.

hahaa lol i literally lmao when i read that... not that it was funny, just that it was supremely ironic ya know... we have been getting out of hand off topic here in newfie's thread. sry op!

and yes... you bastard, you could have put that in the F2 thread, but it's okay. :)

I found myself neglecting it as well lol

Back