Jap. D16b Engine SOHC VTEC??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icanbrkurhrt

could anyone tell me what engine this is...

Jap. D16b Engine SOHC VTEC

i've trying to find info on it and i cant seem to find any
i just need to know what car had this engine in it?
i've read other forums and they said it might be a fake motor
if anyone could help me out with any info that would be great

Definitely a VTEC engine unless unless it's a Y7 head. If you can go take a look it it; just look for the stamp on the block. I recall some people in Singapore having D16B's so it may be legit.

It might be a D15B. There was a single cam 1.5 VTEC motor in Japan, so that's a possibility. Just look at the stamp on the block if you go look at it.

Also, why did you post this in two forums? That was unnecessary.

JDM D15B SOHC VTEC 1.5 Liter

Came in the Civic VTi which was a European version I believe. Could me Japanese version too but I definately heard about a European VTi with this engine in it. It's the equivilant of a Cx or Vx block with a Vtec head.

Here ya go:

D15b VTEC FAQ - D-series.org

theres no such thing as a d16b as far as i know

only thing i can think of is that he used an a6/z6 block and slapped a d15b head on it, and dubbed it a d16b

JDM D15B SOHC VTEC 1.5 Liter

Came in the Civic VTi which was a European version I believe. Could me Japanese version too but I definately heard about a European VTi with this engine in it. It's the equivilant of a Cx or Vx block with a Vtec head.

Here ya go:

D15b VTEC FAQ - D-series.org

The D15B is pretty much equivalent to the D16Z6; and Japan has them too(I have one of them :) )

From list I found on Oneshift.com(not sure what market):
EG1 - '92 - '95 CRX Esi 2dr = 1.6l SOHC VTEC = D16B
EG2 - '92 - '97 CRX Vti 2dr = 1.6l DOHC VTEC = B16A
EG4 - '92 - '95 Civic Lsi 3dr = 1.5l SOHC = D15B
EG5 - '92 - '95 Civic Esi 3dr = 1.6l SOHC VTEC = D16B
EG6 - '92 - '95 Civic Vti 3dr = 1.6l DOHC VTEC = B16A2
EG6 SiR II - '92 - '95 Civic Vti 3dr(JDM spec) = 1.6l DOHC VTEC = B16A4
EG8/EH9 - '92 - '95 Civic Esi 4dr = 1.6l SOHC VTEC = D16B
EG9 - '92 - '95 Civic Vti 4dr = 1.6l DOHC VTEC = B16A2

and thread on D-series about D16B2: D16B2... Yes, I saw it. And, oh yes, you will too. - D-series.org

You are most likely thinking of the B16B not D16B easy mistake but it is hard to tell what is came out of since that motor was in most from DOHC vtec to SOHC to the 3 stage vtec.

Back