Jb weld

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

can jb weld withstand the heat if i were to use it on my exhaust manifold?

need to hook up o2 sensor so i was thinking of drilling a hole and welding a nut...i dont have nething to weld so i was wonder if JB weld would work...

It works good. I know this isnt the "right way to do things" but this guy I knew from a freind knocked a hole in this ys1 tranny the size of a silver dollar and jb welded it. It still runs. lol. Now he sprays a 75shot. so iam gussing it will work for what you need it for.

WHoa, what a coincidence, I know someone with a whole in his ys1 tranny, and he just used jbweld, and it worked fine, and is still going strong.

But yeah, that should work fine for what you're using it.

ummm i beleive it may have worked on the trannies but i dont beleive it will withstand the heat of an exhaust manifold, i could be wrong and i suppose theres only one way to find out but if your gonna have the manifold out of the car anyway why not just do it the right way and bring it to a muffler shop and have them weld in a bung for ya. They prob wont charge you much at all and this way youll only have to do it once ;)

jb weld is holding in my fitting in my oil pan for my return line....yea im sure it will work fine!

The JB weld may hold together, but I'm guessing that all of the expansion and contraction of an exhaust manifold will eventually yield a adhesion problem.

Most stuff will hold, I don't think I'd use it on an exhaust manifold.

Why not just drill the hole and tap in the right threads? Is the metal too thin?

If the metal is thin, I'd drill, tap, and JB weld. If it's cast or thicker, I'd just drill and tap.

Edit: Or pay the exhaust shop less than what the JB weld costs to weld in the O2 bung.

ye aim gonna just take ti to the shop and have them drill and weld an o2 bung...

anywho..jb weld is the best thing since duct tape

JB weld wasnt so good for me.... i used it to hold the bolts in for the driverside mount into my block and the bolts just ripped out. i used it for a crack in my DC header and that stuff just burned and it smelled like crap.

Hey I work for parts unlimited and Drag Specialties.. we distribuit motorcycle parts atvs parts and what not! Anyways.. if you have a local motorcyle or dirtbike shop go there and get the stuff called Moose QuickSteel.. This stuff is amazing... weve used it on gas tanks on cars.. side cases that were cracked on our stunt motorcycles... and the stuff is 100 times better than JB weld.. You can even Tap, drill, cut and what not too it.. I reccomend getting it even if you dont need it.. the stuff will come in handy

JB Weld help the space shuttle together.....its a modern marvel to say the lease....drill it, tap it, machine it, .....

Originally posted by highperboi@Jan 2 2004, 10:47 PM
JB weld wasnt so good for me.... i used it to hold the bolts in for the driverside mount into my block and the bolts just ripped out. i used it for a crack in my DC header and that stuff just burned and it smelled like crap.

of couse it wont hold your motor mounts in num nut, :lol: your talking about alot of pressure and what not. Besides how could you have drove around with jb weld holding in your motor mount. :blink: You will not be allowed to work on hondas anymore. or maybe just cars. ;) :D :lol:

well the threds were messed up inside so i just put hella jb weld in there and then i screwed the bolts in and they seemed really tight after it dried but i guess it just wasnt strong enough. i am using heli coil now.

yeah, helicoil is steel, and if done right, holds up really well. One time, on an older plymouth four banger *so ashamed, second car ever* I changed out all of the spark plugs. When I got to the fourth, it was so loose it wouldn't grab. Came to the realization that the fourth plug had a helicoil installed, and it didn't stick. I threw out the helicoil with the old plugs. What a pain in the ass.

Helicoils hold very well if done properly......

Back