1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb weld?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by krongnome24, Jul 2, 2007.

1. krongnome24

krongnome24 New Member

I broke my water outlet cover right where the coolant bleeder screw, screws into, its a clean break straight across the width of the threads.
    Could i use jb weld to fix the break. i could buy it new from the dealer for like 18 dollars, just the housing no screw [ill use my old one]

Although i do need to go to the dealer for a clutch cable 'stay' the bracket that holds the clutch cable, seems to be a rare part around here but the outlet cover is 18 dollars and the stay is 13.

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Buy it. $18 is cheaper than a tow when the JB weld fails.

3. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

18 dollars? You're really going to use JB weld to save 18 measly bucks? I could see if you were trying to save an engine block, or a snapped connecting rod, maybe even a brake line, but coolant is actually important, don't cheap out on it. Hang out in the bathroom of a truck stop wearing lipstick and eyeshadow, you'll make 18 bucks in no time at all.

4. krongnome24

krongnome24 New Member

alright sounds good i didnt really want to cheap out on the part anyways couldnt i get a b16 one theres a honda dealer really close.

-edit- same part as on a honda crv.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  5. phat87mazdarx7

phat87mazdarx7 New Member

dont mean to be man but thats just a stupid Idea!! I would waste the time with JB weld if it was my only car, that way i can get to the dealer they put the new part in asap. jb weld is not a permanent fix and aluminum is not easy to bond to jb weld cant bond worth crap if the alum. is oxidized so you need to clean it up with a burr(or something else that can scrap a layer off) and it only takes minute for alum. to oxidize.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted