JDM amber clock...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Someone resently gave me their JDM amber clock. I figured since my CX just had a block off plate there, I might as well put it in. Well I hooked it up and it works, but it's really dim. I can't even see it in the day time (unless I push the button...) and can't see it at night if the head lights are on.

Can anyone tell me what wrong? I used the factory wiring harness and nothing seems to be cut. Thanks for all your help.

He was parting out his 95 civic HB, he's trying to get a WRX STi. Anyway, do you have any clue? I should mention that I cleaned the battery terminals very well, and the car starts up fine. Always has.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 17 2005, 05:07 PM
where did you tap into power at?
[post=487990]Quoted post[/post]​

You don't have to, it plugs right into the OEM plug, even on models without factory clocks.

Right, I just plugged it in to the factory plug. It was in a "dummy spot" on the back of the block off plate. Any idea of what I can do? Thanks for all your guys' help!

Really? Is there a "bulb"? Are you just fuckin' with me? I'll check it though, I thought it was an LED... Thanks for your help.

JFWY, but you can take it apart and look at the condition, see if it looks like it might be corroded or something been tampered with.

I should also mention that if I have my radio on, when I turn on the head lights, the radio shuts off for a second then comes back on. Could that be a bad ground???... I think if I fix this, maybe the clock will fix it self... (BTW, I only have a head unit and two door speakers.)

use test wires and hook it up directly to the battery and see if its lighter, or test the voltage coming to the clock plug...

if you go direct to 12 volt and its still too dim then crack it open and see whats going on inside..

Is your little lite switch turned up? I have those luminescent gauge lay overs and i took the bulbs out of the gauges. Should check if your light knob is turned all the way up? as for the radio i dont know what you did there, is it any special deck or a stock one?

Back