JDM and USDM B18 questions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shorelovr202

Integra Guy
Are JDM engines the same as USDM as far as everything bolting up and functioning correctly? Can I use a JDM LS engine with a USDM LS tranny/ headers and everything else... will it work? Can I use a JDM GSR head on my LS block or vice versa? I have a 94' LS and I'm shopping for parts. Being that I'm a "NOOB" and I hate that word, I know not a whole hell of alot. Help me out guys.

As far as I know it should match up correctly with the tranny. the rest... ie that vtec head for the block you're going to have to do a normal ls vtec conversion. i do believe that the b18c head has a slightly different oil line location versions say your b16a pr3-2 head. my thoughts on the tranny mounting up is if its from the same gen then you should be fine.

I have a B18B LS engine---94' Integra LS. Not a B16. So, I don't have to buy headers and cams that are JDM specific? the same ones will work that are used in USDM engines? And as for the JDM head on a USDM block, it can't be done then?

In anyones opinion... what is a good head to use for an LS-Vtec Engine? Should I go GSR or what other options can I go. I want the most power without sacrificing reliability.:confused:

it doesnt matter what vtec head you use, due to the high cost of type r heads the most common to use for a ls/vtec are the b16 head and the b18c(gsr) head. it doesnt matter if its jdm or usdm. just do some searching and you will find everything you need to know about putting together a ls/vtec motor. running the oil line, adding the wires for vtec, etc...

I have a B18B LS engine---94' Integra LS. Not a B16. So, I don't have to buy headers and cams that are JDM specific? the same ones will work that are used in USDM engines? And as for the JDM head on a USDM block, it can't be done then?

Yes, you can use a header/cams designed for a US-spec engine. You'll be fine. And as far as the head goes, did anyone say that you can't bolt up a JDM head to a USDM block? No. You can do it. It will work fine...

Last edited:
This is his thread noob. lol

Although.. his thread about k20 swap and then turbo this turbo that is, well... funny

Back