JDM Auto ECU (h22a engine and Auto tranny)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seducer

I have a auto JDM h22a engine and tranny installed in my 1996 honda accord. She's currently running with my accord ECU which is CRAPPY. My question is, everyone has pin-outs for the 3 clips on the manual ECUs, but for those that have 4 clips (4th controlling the transmission), does anyone have pin-outs for that? My auto P13 has 4 clips, like my Accord ECU. I plan to just buy a regular OBD2 to OBD1 harness to convert 3 of the clips, and hardwire the tranny clip. I just wanna know the pinouts for auto ECU's with 4slots (built in TCU). I've seen several people have 3 slotted ECU's and then get a standalone TCU. I just need help matching the 4th clip on the accord that controls the ECU to the input on my auto p13. Sorry if iI repeated myself a few times in this post....just trying to be precise in my needs. Help?

Originally posted by tab@Dec 14 2004, 08:18 PM
www.helminc.com

Where there's a will, there's a relative. :)
[post=432207]Quoted post[/post]​

OK. For some reason, I've recieved almost the same question from three people in the last week, all concerning the four plug AT ecu.

Apparently, the four plug ECU is an OBD 2 automatic thing.

The usual question is, How do I switch to OBD 1, a three plug ECU, and retain the TCU for my auto tranny? I don't know the real answer, since I've never done this before.

My setup is this:

JDM H22 which is OBD1.
JDM H22 Auto tranny w/LSD.
OBD1 P13 ecu, for automatic tranny. Three prongs only.
Still using the Accord TCU, stock for the F22.

I assume, if you do a conversion harness, that you would use a OBD 1 three prong ECU, and rewire the fourth plug to hook up a TCU. I do not know for sure if this is correct, and I don't have the TCU pinout on hand for either OBD setup. Maybe someone else on here can help out more. Otherwise, a Helms manual for both your "stock" car and your "donor" car might be needed for the rewire.

Apparently, the four plug ECU is an OBD 2 automatic thing.

Thanks Tab....but to be honest, it's definately an OBD1 ECU. The numbers are as follows...

37820-P13-J50
556-101525
J-AT 4W

You can also view one on Ebay with pics....shows you the 4 prongs...which is the exact same ECU I have. I'm thinking of just buying his since it has a cut harness on it....and I can then atleast play with the wiring to get my tranny responding properly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Mine is three prong, and the numbers are:

37820-P13-900
551-107120
551 J-AT (4W vertical)

I do know that the Auto H22A only came from JDM in OBD 1.

This is how I know for sure that my Tranny and ECU are JDM spec. I also believe my motor to be JDM, but it's always possible to be fooled.

JDM engines DO NOT HAVE A LAST NUMBER

b18c5 <- USDM
b18c <- JDM GSR/Type-R

H22A1 <- USDM
H22A <-JDM

That is a unit from a 4ws prelude.

It is a 'black sheep' unit. Just disregard the smallest plug. It won't give you a code or anything.

However, because you have an obd-2a car and a obd-1 unit you will have to buy a conversion harness from jkobdconversionharness.com

that guy knows his shit and is the only person that I know of who builds reliable automatic conversion harness. It's probably around 250 for the harness but it will be worth it.

Again, just don't worry about the smallest plug.

Originally posted by Seducer@Dec 14 2004, 04:39 PM
I have a auto JDM h22a engine and tranny installed in my 1996 honda accord.  She's currently running with my accord ECU which is CRAPPY. My question is, everyone has pin-outs for the 3 clips on the manual ECUs, but for those that have 4 clips (4th controlling the transmission), does anyone have pin-outs for that? My auto P13 has 4 clips, like my Accord ECU.  I plan to just buy a regular OBD2 to OBD1 harness to convert 3 of the clips, and hardwire the tranny clip.  I just wanna know the pinouts for auto ECU's with 4slots (built in TCU).  I've seen several people have 3 slotted ECU's and then get a standalone TCU.  I just need help matching the 4th clip on the accord that controls the ECU to the input on my auto p13.  Sorry if iI repeated myself a few times in this post....just trying to be precise in my needs.  Help?
[post=432123]Quoted post[/post]​

The 4th connector...."C" Plug on the OBD1 JDM H22a P13 ecu is for the four wheel steering ONLY. It is NOT the TCM function. On the OBD2 ecu, all four connectors are used because all of the auto controls are inside the ecu. On the OBD1 prelude, the auto functions are controlled through the TCM in conjunction with the ECU.

You will want to get the OBD1 JDM H22a TCM which is the P19 TCM. That is the correct TCM to be used with that conversion. Again, let me reiterate, the "C" connector on the OBD1 JDM H22a P13 is for the four wheel steering...(4WS) and NOT the TCM functions.

I have built this harness for many people and there is NO one making this harness and have it proven forsale. All brand new connectors. Warrantied, full tech and never under sold.

Jason
Auto to Auto OBD Conversion harnesses too
www.JKobdconversionharness.com

I can tell you Jason knows what he is talking about. It was so hard to find an auto obd1 to obd2 conversion harness for my H22 accord until an engineer at Skunk gave me his phone#. I bought a harness from him and the rest is history.

Originally posted by LOS222@Feb 4 2005, 04:55 PM
I can tell you Jason knows what he is talking about. It was so hard to find an auto obd1 to obd2 conversion harness for my H22 accord until an engineer at Skunk gave me his phone#. I bought a harness from him and the rest is history.
[post=456588]Quoted post[/post]​

Awesome!! Thanks man for the props! That harness took a while to figure out, but I realized doing it that there are people that want it and I will make what ever someone wants.

Are you selling just plain ol' OBD1 F22 - H22 swap harnesses? And do you know what TCU I should get to use my stock F22 auto transmission on the H22?

4 and a half year old thread. i applaud you for searching, but note the dates next time.

Back