Jdm B16 Into 96 Civic Dx Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xlink80x

im swapin a jdm b16a sir 2 engine into my 96 civic dx coupe. i just need to know which axels and shift linkage i need to get so im all ready to put it into my car this summer

:unsure: Confused and concerned,
i have a 1.6 vtech in a 96 civic, my engine is blown and I have to replace it. What parts would I need to do a B18c5 type R engine? Axles? Transmission? Is it true you can use civic si motor mounts? If I have the motor how much would I be looking to spend? Is it really worth it? Sorry so confused!

All the axles and shift linkage will fit. Just saw this swap in the May 03 issue of Import Tuner. Find thier Max Boost project build. The will list everything and step you though the process with pics. This really helps because the swap was done to a 96 dx hatch. B)

holy crap noobs should ot reply to noob threads, I've had a bit too much alcohol to set this straight now but hopefully someone will

basically any B-series axle will work for your swap. as far as the linkage, the 99-00 Si will probably work best and it's probably the easiest to get a hold of.
here refer to this article instead of listening to someone who read it in a magazine but has never done it before.

when i was doing my swap i used '96 Del Sol Vtec axles and 99 Si shift linkages.

as far as the motor mounts, use the ones for the motor or buy some aftermarkets ones: HASport

you also may want to read this article as well cuz it'll give you a good idea on what you will need and what you'll need to do.

Ooop's! My bad.....forgot to list that all B series fit in B series. :worthy:

holy christ, ok if you have an EK and you want to put a b series in here is a parts list

engine and trans
shift linkage and axles from that engine and trans (basically any b series axles and shift linkage will work)
99-00 civic SI rear trans mount and the bracket that bolts to the block and to the top motor mount on the drivers side
Catalytic converter f you intend to run one
del sol AC bracket if you intend to keep your AC
ECU from the engine you purchased

I probably forgot something but these are the first parts you need

Man..HS is being retarded..i can't open the second article link...i wonder what the problem is..it keeps asking me to log-in..even though i'm logged in, and when i log in again, it says server is having problems. This isn't the first time this has happened...a few of the links on the banner dont' work either. it says "Database error"

Back