jdm B16 smog test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxloon

hi guys i'm new here i have a question,is it posible to make a
jdm b16 pass smog test in so-cal? if yes how do i do that.how much does a shop charge to do a swap.

Mine did in So Cal, it was high, but it passed, preety easy (except for the fact the first time I ran it I forgot my charcol box wasn't hooked up) just retarded the timing, and a couple little other things...but yeah definitly do-able

thanx B16CRX it's good to hear that it's posible for a jdm B16 to pass smog.maybe you can give me more details of the things you did to make your jdm pass smog.
where in so cal are you?.i'm in south central.do you know of any good shops that do engine swaps?how much $$$$ would they charge me .

thank you in advance

retard the timing, make sure u have a brand new CAT on there, use combustion chamber cleaner, new spark plugs, for got the name of the valve, but its ontop of the IM, get a new 1 of those. highest octane u can get, and maybe that engine cleaner fuel additive

Good info i will also be needing to do my test Prob next year i lucked out this year and sent it thru the mail but more info would help plp who have to do the same smog test specially in a TEST ONLY PLACE..THANKS For the info

hum, i was under the impression that you had to convert to obd1 and try and convince the ref that the b16 is actually from a del sol dohc vtec. that is providing that you are planning on getting yours ok's with the ref.

(without a ref sticker) provided you are running all of your emissions equipment and everything is in good condition you will pass the emissions portion, but smog techs that know what they are doing (or who you arnt paying) will fail you on the visual inspection.
HTH

Back