jdm b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchHead92

well to start off im tired of my single cam and want to go into the DOHC... yesss
i am planning on getting the jdm b16a:D, i wanted to make it state ref in my 1992 civic vx (currently runing jdm d15b vtec) but some friends told me i couldnt make jdm engines state ref. is this true?:confused: i live in CA. if this is true then i guess i will have to settle for the LS engine

yea its true man, just put in a USDM B16A youll pass state reff. keep headers and intake stock. my boy did that last week in his 92 4dr civic. then he built up the internals. ^_^

The JDM engine should be fine as long as you use all the appropriate emissions equipment. If you're that concerned about it though, then look for a B16A3 from a 94 or 95 Del Sol VTEC...

^^^ deffinatly what brutal said.

JDM motors are honestly lower emissions vehicles to begin with. But, the absence of certian US regualated emissions and safety equipment are the only differences, and can be added to a JDM motor no problem. Essentially they are the same core components. And remember that if you do go the JDM route and then go looking for parts.

Again, emissions wise, it's totally do-able.

Make sure you get the JDM SiR-II, the OBD1 varient.

Back