JDM B16A CRX cooling fan switch help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXcamaro

My CRX with a B16A swap threw rod, and knocked a huge hole in it. Used another B16A block I got from EBAY. It is identical except I could not use the oil cooler. No big, but it turns out the cooling fan switch that mounts in the block near the oil filter doesnt fit. There is a hole but it is way too small. I figured it was just because its a JDM.

Heres my question; Can I get a thermostat housing from a Del Sol B16A that has the temp switch mounted in it and just wire into that to run my electric fans?

Or does someone know of somewhere else to mount the JDM fan switch in the block? or the del sol switch? I looked at it at autozone, and the del sol switch is half the size of the one that was originally in the destroyed block.

PLEASE HELP!

well my B18a1 block sensor went bad I took the thrmo housing from and obd1 block and it worked fine just need to get a female plug that will hook up to the sensor. I'm pretty sure it work if you use the del sol housing. Just make sure there are no leaks!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the help! what about the second fan, does it come on only with ac?

Back